In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Aaron Kimball, President of the New California Republic, is making a visit to Hoover Dam to improve morale among his troops in the Mojave. His assassination would devastate NCR forces and inspire Caesar's armies.
- Rendezvous with Cato Hostilius at his camp northwest of Ranger station Delta. He will provide the Courier with some NCR trooper armor to act as a disguise. If one passes an Explosives check of 50, Cato will also provide the Courier with a charge of plastic explosive and a detonator.
- Infiltrate Hoover Dam and wait for the President to arrive.
- Assassinate President Kimball.
- Set up shop on a vantage point, such as the base of the rock ridge in front of the Hoover Dam visitor center or the tower behind the stage upon which Kimball is delivering speech, and snipe him with a long ranged weapon.
- Sabotage Bear Force One's flight computer by hacking the terminal on the Hoover Dam visitor center and updating the flight control. The Vertibird will crash soon after it takes off.
- Fire the anti-aircraft gun at Bear Force One as it is coming in for its landing. This is done by using the console (which requires a Science of 50) that is atop the exterior staircase due east of the visitor center. The console is next to a ham radio.
- Rig the anti-aircraft gun to explode by using the console (described above), but use a Repair check of 50 instead of Science.
- Plant a charge of plastic explosives to Bear Force One after getting past Private Jensen by either sneaking past, persuading him with a Speech check of 55, or dressing as an NCR engineer (there is an NCR engineer in the visitor center who can be killed and his jumpsuit taken). The charge will explode when Bear Force One takes off.
- Plant a charge of plastic explosives in Private Jeremy Watson's helmet, which is on the table next to the stairs below the visitor center. Watson (who lost his helmet) can them be pointed in that direction. When he approaches President Kimball to accept his honor, Kimball is within range of the charge for it to be detonated.
- If all else fails, one can attempt to destroy Bear Force One through conventional mean, although the Vertibird has a high damage threshold and number of hit points.
- Drawing a weapon while near the visitor center and after the president has arrived will result in the President and NCR reacting as if he had come under attack, even if the Courier is hidden and has not attacked. However the NCR will not turn hostile unless they see through the Courier's disguise.
|1||Rendezvous with Cato Hostilius.|
|2||Report to Cato when you are prepared.|
|3||Kill President Kimball.|
Behind the scenes
- cazador nest, putting him in danger of death from the moment the quest begins. To avoid this, fast-travel to the area before taking the quest, clear out all the cazadores, and then go to the Fort to receive the quest. Cato can spawn very close to the
- If the player visits the Dam after receiving the quest but before making contact with Cato, the quest will automatically fail when he leaves the Dam area. If the player waits at the Dam without having met Cato, the President will never appear.
- Sometimes the quest will outright fail when started forcing you to report failure to Caesar.
- If the player kills the President at close range, the system will most likely overload and freeze up because of all the activity of the crowd and troops.