Arizona Killer is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas and an achievement/trophy for all platforms.
Aaron Kimball, President of the New California Republic, is making a visit to Hoover Dam to improve morale among his troops in the Mojave. His assassination would devastate NCR forces and inspire Caesar's armies.
- Rendezvous with Cato Hostilius at his camp northwest of Ranger station Delta. He will provide the Courier with some NCR trooper armor to act as a disguise. If one passes an Explosives check of 50, Cato will also provide the Courier with a charge of plastic explosive and a detonator.
- Infiltrate Hoover Dam and wait for the President to arrive.
- Assassinate President Kimball.
- Set up shop on a vantage point, such as the base of the rock ridge in front of the Hoover Dam visitor center or the tower behind the stage upon which Kimball is delivering speech, and snipe him with a long ranged weapon.
- Sabotage Bear Force One's flight computer by hacking the terminal on the Hoover Dam visitor center and updating the flight control. The Vertibird will crash soon after it takes off.
- Fire the anti-aircraft gun at Bear Force One as it is coming in for its landing. This is done by using the console (which requires a Science of 50) that is atop the exterior staircase due east of the visitor center. The console is next to a ham radio.
- Rig the anti-aircraft gun to explode by using the console (described above), but use a Repair check of 50 instead of Science.
- Plant a charge of plastic explosives to Bear Force One after getting past Private Jensen by either sneaking past, persuading him with a Speech check of 55, or dressing as an NCR engineer (there is an NCR engineer in the visitor center who can be killed and his jumpsuit taken). The charge will explode when Bear Force One takes off.
- Plant a charge of plastic explosives in Private Jeremy Watson's helmet, which is on the table next to the stairs below the visitor center. Watson (who lost his helmet) can them be pointed in that direction. When he approaches President Kimball to accept his honor, Kimball is within range of the charge for it to be detonated.
- If all else fails, one can attempt to destroy Bear Force One through conventional mean, although the Vertibird has a high damage threshold and number of hit points.
- Drawing a weapon while near the visitor center and after the president has arrived will result in the President and NCR reacting as if he had come under attack, even if the Courier is hidden and has not attacked. However the NCR will not turn hostile unless they see through the Courier's disguise.
|1|| ||Rendezvous with Cato Hostilius.|
|2|| ||Report to Cato when you are prepared.|
|3|| ||Kill President Kimball.|
- cazador nest, putting him in danger of death from the moment the quest begins. To avoid this, fast-travel to the area before taking the quest, clear out all the cazadores, and then go to the Fort to receive the quest.
Cato can spawn very close to the
If the player visits the Dam after receiving the quest but before making contact with Cato, the quest will automatically fail when he leaves the Dam area. If the player waits at the Dam without having met Cato, the President will never appear.
Sometimes the quest will outright fail when started forcing you to report failure to Caesar. If the player kills the President at close range, the system will most likely overload and freeze up because of all the activity of the crowd and troops.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|