Arrival at Zion is a main quest in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Honest Hearts.
After a hard couple of weeks of travel, things get even harder once the Happy Trails caravan enters Zion Canyon and a band of White Legs ambush the caravan.
- Follow Jed Masterson.
- Overcome the White Legs assault, either by killing the raiders or fleeing from them.
- Cross the bridge across the river and speak to Follows-Chalk.
- Travel to the Dead Horses camp at Eastern Virgin.
- Speak with the Burned Man.
- Running ahead of the caravan and sniping all the ambushers won't help as some of them won't take any damage until they've killed all the caravan travelers, so saving your caravan is hopeless.
- Accidentally killing Follows-Chalk will start the Chaos in Zion quest, which will cause you to fail the main quest line.
- If the Wild Wasteland trait has been selected, a Dead Horse called Two-Bears-High-Fiving will emerge from Angel Cave, pump his fist in the air, then quickly leave.
- While talking to the Dead Horse Disciple of Canaan, an Intelligence stat check of 7 allows the player to demonstrate an understanding of the tribal dialect. You can also use the Sneering Imperialist perk.
- The duffle bags located near the ambush site are safe to store items in until the add-on is completed.
Follows-Chalk may briefly appear as an enemy when attacking the White Legs. This can lead to the player accidentally killing him thus breaking the main quest.
Some White Legs may be non-hostile and too far away from the cliff to kill them, making the optional part of the quest impossible to complete.
If you interrupt the dialogue during the opening of this quest by going to the load menu, the dialogue can lock up before Stella can say her final lines to Jed, leaving you unable to move with the other caravan members just standing around, saying nothing.
One of the White Legs might become invincible if you leave the ambush without defeating them, thus making it impossible to complete the optional part of this quest.
When reaching the area where the yao guai attacks, the game will crash every time, making it impossible to go further.
During the ambush, the White Legs may become invisible until the combat is over.
Jed Mastersons' body will not disappear after his death during the White Legs assault.
- When first entering the Northern Passage and physically moving Ricky to close to the exit, he will disappear. The other caravaneers will still refer to him as if he were still there, and will cause a bug in the scripted event of your fellows being killed. After Stella shouts out she was once a sheriff, go to the end of the bridge, come back, and everyone will be dead and you can continue.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|