Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Authority glasses are synonymous with New California Republic Rangers, having large reflective black lenses. They provide no damage threshold and no bonuses. They can be repaired with other pairs of themselves or any other type of glasses. The biggest difference from normal sunglasses is the fact they are always blackened out rather than requiring a bright light source to cause them to darken.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Located to the southeast of Nipton is the old nuclear test site and the Caesar's Legion safehouse. In between these two areas and northwest of the old nuclear test site is a small sandbag observation shelter where several sets can be found. There are five glasses in total on top of seats and some on the floor, but only two of them can be picked up. This implies they were being worn by people observing a nuclear explosion, though sunglasses would not prevent eye damage from viewing one directly.
- Worn by some NCR Rangers (most notably on Ranger Ghost, Ranger Jackson and at Ranger Station Echo).
- Can be found on a dead Prospector in The Devil's Throat next to a unique minigun, the CZ57 Avenger.
- A pair can be found along side a Ranger Grey Hat in the basement of the ruined church at Camp Searchlight on one of the two tables.
- Another pair can sometimes be found in Ruby Hill Mine within the inventory of a dead gang member. The dead gang member also holds the unique unarmed weapon Pushy.
- Another pair appears at random play intervals in Nipton Hall on the body of one of the Nipton settlers in the main council chamber.
- Occasionally found being worn by the dead prospector inside the Nevada Highway Patrol Station.
- A pair can be found in the mercenary camp north of the Horowitz Farmstead, along with the unique Gauss rifle YCS/186.
- A pair may be found on a dead prospector in The Prospector's Den in the main area with a bench that you see upon first entering.
- A pair can be found on a dead prospector near the hill located east-northeast of Goodsprings cemetery. (Found body but no glasses played on PS3)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Boone. The glasses shapes themselves to some degree after the wearer's face, which can sometimes result in them looking very distorted on certain non-player characters, especially
- They can sometimes cause the game to crash when equipped via a hotkey.
- Major Knight at the Mojave Outpost. They cannot be repaired by
- When worn with a Goggles Helmet, the goggles may be tinted black.