In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
I can be very influential, if you know what I mean. Far more than Seagrave Holmes.”— Bannon, Fallout 3.
Born in 2247, Bannon is a snappy dresser and a shrewd businessman. His wares are high priced, because he’s got no competition. His motto is “If you don’t like the pants, go find them yourself.” Cindy Cantelli has a crush on him and sits with him in church. She also leaves when he does.
He is also one of three city council members, along with Doctor Li and Harkness. They meet on Monday mornings for a few hours to discuss city-wide issues. He has quite the ego but was chosen to sit on the city council by Doctor Li, who seems oblivious to his flaws.
His overblown ego is evident when asked about the history of the city. His wild exaggerations of a nothing squat turned most powerful settlement—all because of his leadership—is a nonsensical farce. Though most of the city knows his ego well, he still maintains the lie, discrediting all those who point out the facts. He also apparently has a "social problem" (i.e., an STD) as noted by Doctor Preston on his terminal.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 160-390|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 49|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Council Seat: Bannon mentions that his council seat is being contested by Seagrave Holmes. He wants you to look for incriminating evidence against his opponent.
- The Wasteland Survival Guide: Bannon tells the Lone Wanderer his narcissism crated version of the Rivet City's history.
|Dirty pre-War casualwear|
|Bannon's room key|
Drops on death
- He usually eats brahmin steak with Scotch for breakfast at Gary's Galley.
- If the player is advancing in the main quest and completes the Replicated Man a certain way, Bannon may end up the sole ruler of Rivet City.
Bannon appears only in Fallout 3.
- Bannon can be found locked inside Dr. Madison Li's room at Rivet City at any point during the game. If the player has already escorted Dr. Li to the Citadel there is no way to rescue Bannon without lockpicking the door.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.61: "Bannon
Bannon, 30, is a snappy dresser and a shrewd businessman. His wares are high priced, because he's got no competition. His motto is "If you don't like the pants, go find them yourself." Cindy Cantelli has a crush on him and sits with him in church. She also leaves when he does. Bannon is one of three city council members, along with Doctor Li and Harkness. They meet on Monday mornings for a few hours to discuss city-wide issues. He has quite the ego but was chosen by Doctor Li to sit on the city council. She seems oblivious to his flaws."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- The Lone Wanderer: "Could I ask you about Rivet City's history?"
Bannon: "Why, I practically set this whole place up. When I got here twelve years ago, it was just a handful of dead-enders squatting in a rusted-out rowboat. Now I'm on the council, and with my leadership, we're the strongest settlement in the Wastes! Of course, a few of those dead-enders still stick around, but who'd want to leave?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Hasn't Rivet City been around for longer than twelve years?"
Bannon: "Well, yes, but it was hardly anyplace of importance until I arrived on the scene. That's all ancient history now. No one would ever care about it. If you insist on wasting your time on that, you could try that bartending old crone down below, Belle Bonny."
- The Lone Wanderer: "You lied to me about Rivet City's history! Pinkerton told me the truth!"
Bannon: "So? Who cares about that old coot, or his pathetic story? It's people like me that have turned his little "science station" into someplace great."