Barrel cactus fruit
|For the various forms of fruit that appear in the Fallout series of games, see fruit.|
Barrel cactus fruit
Barrel cactus fruit (left) and plant (right)
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Found growing on top of barrel cacti throughout the Mojave, the fruit has a distinctive shape and yellow color, making it easy to harvest. It offers minor hydration, and is best used as a crafting ingredient for the desert salad, homebrewed Nuka-Cola and blood shield (the last two require Honest Hearts).
The fruit will eventually respawn after being collected.
Effects of Survival skill[edit | edit source]
|10||-1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -18 Dehydration, -6 Starvation||60||-2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -33 Dehydration, -11 Starvation|
|20||-1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -21 Dehydration, -7 Starvation||70||-2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -36 Dehydration, -12 Starvation|
|30||-1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -24 Dehydration, -8 Starvation||80||-2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -39 Dehydration, -13 Starvation|
|40||-1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -27 Dehydration, -9 Starvation||90||-2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -42 Dehydration, -14 Starvation|
|50||-2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -30 Dehydration, -10 Starvation||100||-3 Endurance, +3 Hit Point, -45 Dehydration, -15 Starvation|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
In Old World Blues, this item can be crafted by the player.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Relatively common spawn across the wasteland. Harvested fruit can also be collected from refrigerators.
- El Dorado dry lake: Thirteen cacti grow around the dry lake.
- Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch: Four cacti can be found near the ranch, with more growing up the hill beyond the ranch, towards the rocky cliffs.
- Nellis Air Force Base mess hall: Two can be found on the tables.
- Westside: Cultivated in plantes inside and outside.
- The Sink: One can be acquired from the upgraded biological research station every 72 hours after completing Field Research.