The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
One poem per birthday, that's my rule! If I gave you two, think of how jealous Butch would be!”— Beatrice Armstrong, on the Lone Wanderer's birthday.
Background[edit | edit source]
Vault 101’s resident gossip hound, she has her nose in everyone’s business. Of course, like all true gossips, she will vehemently deny that she is ever involved in the affairs of others. She is best friends with Pepper Gomez and is interested in Mister Brotch. She also keeps up the gossip with her married sisters, Mary Kendall and Gloria Mack.
Her hobbies include reading Tarot cards and writing poems. At one time, she attempted to write a poem in commemoration of the first Overseer on Founder's Day. However, she suffered writer's block when she couldn't find a word that rhymed with Overseer. This is one of the few occasions Beatrice reuses one of her older poems.
She used to regularly post a notice on the Bulletin Board in the Cafeteria advertising her services as a fortune-teller. She divines the questioner's fortune by reading tarot cards. On July 13, 2268, she gave the Lone Wanderer a poem for their tenth birthday party.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Vault 101 jumpsuit
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Overseer's terminal in the Vault 101 Atrium, there are security dossiers on several people that live in the Vault. Beatrice's dossier describes her as "an absent-minded, sexually repressed sycophant." The Overseer states that he wishes to talk to "our good doctor" about a "long-term pharmaceutical solution."
- Despite her normally cheerful attitude the poem she gives the Lone Wanderer is dark and depressing and overall unpleasant.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Beatrice Armstrong appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Her Charisma is raised to 227 during Growing Up Fast. At all other times her Charisma is a mere 1.
- Beatrice may appear alive during Trouble on the Homefront.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.61: "Beatrice Armstrong
Vault 101's resident gossip hound, she has her nose in everyone's business. Of course, like all true gossips, she will vehemently deny that she is ever involved in the affairs of others. She is best friends with Pepper Gomez and is interested in Mister Brotch. She also keeps up the gossip with her married sisters, Mary Kendall and Gloria Mack."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- Vault 101 cafeteria builtin-board: "If anyone wants a tarot card reading, you know where to find me. -Beatrice"
- The Lone Wanderer: "A poem? You've got to be kidding me."
Beatrice Armstrong: "No, really, I wrote it just for you! I never just copy one of my old poems... well, there was that one Founder's Day where I couldn't rhyme anything with Overseer... But you deserve nothing less than a brand new poem. You can keep it in your Pip-Boy and read it whenever you want!"
(Beatrice Armstrong's dialogue)
- The Lone Wanderer: "Andy, what happened? All this blood..."
Andy: "Ah, yes. A rather unfortunate incident. In all the commotion, Miss Beatrice suffered from a rather bad sprain in her left toe. The big one. Obviously, I had no choice but to amputate. The leg. I'm sorry to say the operation was not a success."
(Andy's dialogue (Fallout 3))