As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Longing makes the heart grow fonder, but I've always been a fan of hog-tying my lovers to make sure they can’t escape.”
Beatrix Russell is a gun-for-hire, currently employed by the doctors of the Followers of the Apocalypse. In her long life, she's experienced a lot of human nature, and finds that "physical and mental anguish are especially exciting to explore". She enjoys drinking, which is ironic since the Followers at the Fort work to help addicts recover from drugs and alcohol. Partly because the Followers won't allow her to drink, she finds her job at the Fort a bit dull.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a doctor.||
|This character is a pimp or prostitute and sells sex.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Wang Dang Atomic Tango: As a ghoul in a cowboy outfit, Beatrix is one of the three people that need to be recruited for the Atomic Wrangler Casino.
Effects of player interactions
- Once she is hired as a prostitute, the player can hire her "services" for 25 caps plus the cost of a room. When the screen turns black during sex, Beatrix will make feral ghoul sounds.
- While working as a guard, she'll offer some free advice to the player when asked (once she starts working at the Atomic Wrangler, she no longer does this).
|Bounty hunter duster|
Desperado cowboy hat
Chained prostitute outfit
|.357 Magnum revolver|
|56 Bottle caps|
Drops on death
- If she is killed, and the player happens to have the Bloody Mess perk, it will appear that her boots will be attached to her without her legs actually being there.
- "Feed a man for free, and he'll be back asking for more. Feed a man a bullet. You won't hear from him again."
- "Good, bad... The guy with the gun makes the rules."
- "Time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time."
- "The only thing I know for certain is that I don’t know nothing."
- "Longing makes the heart grow fonder, but I’ve always been a fan of hog-tying my lovers to make sure they can’t escape."
Beatrix Russell appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- The pieces of advice she remarks are all adaptations of famous quotes from philosophers or alternate takes on famous Phrases. For example, "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time." This quote was said by Bertrand Russell, a British author, mathematician, & philosopher of a similar name. And "The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know nothing." Originally said by Socrates, another philosopher, "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing."
- Another piece of advice she will give you is "Good, bad... The guy with the gun makes the rules." This is a loose reference to a line Ashley Williams says in Army of Darkness, "Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun."
- Debt Collector and have been given a free room at the Atomic Wrangler. Exiting the atomic wrangler, and reentering can fix this problem. Sometimes when you pay her for sex she won't get off of the chair and won't move, which means having intercourse with her is impossible. This seems to occur after you've completed
She will follow you to your room after being paid for sex but then simply stand by the bed. There are no dialogue options offered to try to fix this, but if you look at the bed and select sleep, then exit once it asks you how long you want to sleep, she will be on the bed.
- You can run into her from behind to push her towards the bed. After a few pushes she will finally get in the bed.
Beatrix, in service of the Atomic Wrangler Casino