Beckley is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Founded in 1838, Beckley grew around the nearby coal mine until the coal mine closed and a museum opened nearby to showcase the history of the mine. The city was known as being the birthplace of Shannon Rivers, who was most notably known as the voice actress for the Mistress of Mystery. Not much is known about the town, until 2077, which it was caught in the middle of competition between two locally-owned-and-operated sandwich shops, Sal's Grinders and Big Papa Moe's Lip Smackin' Sandwich Shack.
In addition, the city was torn apart amidst the labor disputes taking over the rest of Appalachia and the nearby town of Welch, as workers fought against the actions of Atomic Mining Services and Hornwright Industrial Mining Company, as they sought to replace their human workforce with robots. At the time of the Great War, the National Guard was brought in to help contain the riots with the use of HalluciGen gas, assisted by a fleet of RobCo Strikebreaker robots. The orders? Pacify or kill protesters.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The main points of interest in this town are Sal's Grinders, which was a sandwich shop that ran into some fierce competition before the war and the Beckley Coal Mine Exhibit, which can be found on the west side of town. Scattered on the rooftop are a few musical instruments that are part of the daily event, Play Music on the Rooftops of Beckley. There is scant notable loot to be collected and an armor and weapon workbench to use, along with potential power armor.
- The downtown area is fortified and most of the facilities are located up on the roofs, requiring going up fire escapes.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Holotapes and Notes
- Warning: Located on the roof of building across from Sal's Grinders, on a table next to a steel guitar.
- Top of the World Ad Packet: Inside gift shop on east side of town on counter by register; on front counter inside Beckley Coal Mine Exhibit.
- Potential bobbleheads
- On a small green card table, on the upper defensive Raider wall, south side, in the middle of town.
- On the inside of the "C" shape of the air conditioning duct, on the roof of the inaccessible store just south of the gas station, on the east side of town; access this via the rooftops of the taller structures to the west.
- Potential magazines
- On the toilet, in the locked (0) restroom on the north side of the gas station and store, on the east side of town.
- Among the planks and rubble near a sofa and small metal blue cooler, on a ruined rooftop accessed via debris, on the building with the Nuka-Cherry sign on the brickwork, north end of town near the water tower (exterior).
- Potential power armor
- South side of the central fortification wall, near the IFV.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The city of Beckley is a real-world location, in Raleigh County, West Virginia. While smaller than its real-world counterpart and missing the Tamarack arts and crafts facility, it does have the Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Dynamic spawns
- Weapon: Pickaxe
- Junk: Extinguisher, portable fuel tank, duct tape, mining light, brass miner's lamp, miner's lamp, steel and aluminum scrap
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Beckley appears in Fallout 76.