Better Living Underground is a quest in Fallout 4 add-on Vault-Tec Workshop as well as an achievement and trophy.
After investigating the radio beacon and finding Vault 88, the Sole Survivor investigates a curious message from a Vault survivor within.
- Enter the Vault and find the terminal on the right-hand side, at the security station.
- Activate it and lift the lockdown.
- Head to the reactor on the other end of the entrance. Kill Security Chief Andersen and loot the control board from his corpse.
- Activate the Vault-Tec workshop in the utility corridor next to the reactor room.
- Activate workshop mode and scrap the rubble piles blocking the entrance into the Vault proper.
- Enter the railyard area and talk to Valery Barstow.