The Big Mountain Transportalponder! is a "weapon" device in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.
The Big Mountain Transportalponder! is a unique, prototype teleportation device created in the Big Mountain Research and Development Center. It allows the user to teleport between the Mojave Wasteland and The Sink balcony back to the Big MT satellite at Mojave Drive-in. This can only be done while outdoors, outside of combat, too far from the destination or in a place with a camouflaging system.
It has a similar design to a detonator, the back casing is orange with an aqua-colored clear plastic top containing an electronic chip to the end and a concentration of lightning in the rest, with a barrel sticking out from the front attached via black tubes running down the sides. The antenna is also thicker with a spherical point, with its handle and trigger being similar to those of a weapon. In 2281, it was either given by the Think Tank to the Courier to thank them for their help or looted from the Think Tank after they were killed by the Courier.
When used in the Mojave Wasteland, it will teleport the Courier to The Think Tank, and when used in Big MT it will teleport the Courier to the Mojave Drive-in. It will not activate if the Courier is in combat or indoors. The Courier must also not have any active companions in order to allow teleportation.
This is somewhat counter-intuitive, as some areas otherwise open to the sky - Crimson Caravan Company, Freeside, Nellis Air Force Base, The Fort, The Strip, Hoover Dam and Hidden Valley - are not in fact part of the Mojave Wasteland "area", despite being exposed to the sky; teleportation is only possible if the Courier is in the Mojave Wasteland proper.
- This is especially handy if you've made The Sink your base of operations and need to get there fast.
- The Transportalponder! cannot be used to travel to or from the Sierra Madre, Zion Canyon or the Divide.
- Transportation is possible while overencumbered.
- Since the Transportalponder! isn't a weapon, it can't be used in V.A.T.S.
- The Transportalponder! is regarded as an essential quest item and therefore cannot be dropped or removed from your inventory by any means.
- If a Stealth Boy is used, the energy within the Transportalponder! appears green.
- Melee Weapons.
When you hotkey the weapon, the picture incorrectly shows the icon for
Upon being released from the Brotherhood of Steel in Hidden Valley, the Big Mountain Transportalponder! may not be returned.
The Transportalponder! may not function properly without armor equipped, and unfortunately causes the game to crash.
When using The Big Mountain Transportalponder!, the game might become slower than usual but will speed up after fast traveling or going through a door.
Attempting to use the Big Mountain Transportalponder! while enemies are just outside your detection radius may change your detection status from 'HIDDEN' to 'CAUTION' as if you just discharged an actual weapon, drawing the enemies to you.
The Big Mountain Transportalponder! may disappear upon leaving the Sierra Madre.
- NCR Emergency Radio, the NCR trooper you called in will help you fight enemies and will follow you, despite the fact that any companions you have are not allowed to follow you into Big MT.
If you use the Big Mountain Transportalponder! after using the
- fiend will appear. Although appearing as hostile, they will not notice you and will keep on running into the distance. Sometimes after using the Big Mountain Transportalponder! to transport to the Mojave Wasteland, a lone