As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Cleanup (guide refs)
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
|For other characters in the Fallout universe named Billy, see Billy.|
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
I know Megaton looks more like a boneyard than a town, but it ain't all bad.”— Billy Creel, Fallout 3.
Billy Creel is one of the inhabitants of Megaton in Fallout 3.
Billy was probably born and raised in the eastern parts of the Capital Wasteland, growing up scavenging the wastes, before he was picked up by the caravans. He protected the caravans until he found Maggie, whose family had been killed by raiders. He then took Maggie with him to Megaton. Upon arrival, he helped fend off a raider attack, and as a reward he was given the house of one of the citizens that was killed in the attack.
Colin Moriarty, on the other hand, has his own thoughts on Billy Creel. According to what can be found on his terminal, he believes that Creel was in fact responsible for the deaths of Maggie's parents, and could've been the one to kill the settler whose home he received. He also notes that Billy Creel doesn't drink alcohol. Instead, he only drinks Nuka-Cola.
Billy doesn't have any known biological family, but he considers Maggie to be his own daughter, after rescuing her from raiders. He doesn't have any enemies, but Colin Moriarty is not very fond of him.
If the Lone Wanderer maintains a good karma level, Billy is quite friendly with them.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|Merc adventurer outfit|
|Scoped .44 Magnum|
|Housekey - Billy Creel|
Drops on death
- "All I know is that I spent too much time out there and beyond that, I ain't gonna talk about it."
- "Megaton is the best little town you'll find in the Capital Wasteland. Don't let anyone tell you different. Strong walls, strong people, and strong booze. We've got everything you need to make a life these days. Megaton is the best little town in the Wasteland. Don't let anyone tell you different."
- "Me? I deal with the caravan suppliers. I used to ride with those guys, so they cut me some good deals. Helps keep the town supplied. But more importantly, I take care of Maggie. Of course, she's getting' a little old to have Billy lookin' over her shoulder all the time..."
- "People've been sayin' that there's somethin' wrong with the water purifier. But Ol' Walter's been keepin' that thing runnin' for decades. I'm not worried. No reason it'd pick now to go down for good... would it?"
- "Hooo weee! Look at you! Now I haven't seen one of those Vault jumpsuits in, wow, a LONG time. Pretty damn good condition, too! Name's Billy Creel. You call me Billy, all right? I know Megaton looks more like a boneyard than a town, but it ain't all bad. Take me and Maggie, for instance. We make do just fine. I trade the stuff I scavenge, and she helps keep me on the straight and narrow. He he he."
- "Well hot damn! Someone new! Always a pleasure! Name's Billy Creel. You call me Billy, all right? I know Megaton looks more like a boneyard than a town, but it ain't all bad. Take me and Maggie, for instance. We make do just fine. I trade the stuff I scavenge, and she helps keep me on the straight and narrow. He he he."
- "Oh! Sorry, I guess I got ahead of myself, huh? Maggie's nine, sweetest little girl you'd ever care to meet. We take care of each other. I ain't never had a daughter, but if I did, I'd want her to be Maggie. I took her in when her parents got killed by Raiders. That was two years ago. It was a pretty bad scene. Small settlement up north. I'd stopped in to trade some salvage, and the whole place had been wiped out. I found Maggie hiding under a bed, in the same room where her parents had been butchered. We've been together ever since."
Billy Creel appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
Billy Creel's safe combination is 15 16 23 42, a reference to the series of numbers in the TV show, Lost.
- Like all Megaton characters, Billy might go missing or turn up dead. See recovering missing NPC in Fallout 3 on how to resolve this issue.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.62: "Billy Creel
Billy grew up foraging in the Wasteland and was eventually hired on to protect caravans. Life was nothing but profit and survival until he came across Maggie. After killing the raiders who had massacred Maggie's parents, he took her under his wing. He brought Maggie to Megaton and helped fend off a Raider attack. He was given the house of a settler who was shot in the attack. There are a few around town who say that Billy was the one behind the bullet that bought him his place in Megaton."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- Moriarty's Terminal, Billy Creel