|For other characters in the Fallout universe named Billy, see Billy.|
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
So I hear Mr. House runs the Strip. He took it over from the last guy, Mr. Mob-Infested Hellhole.”— Billy Knight
Billy Knight is a street comedian living on The Strip in 2281. He stands outside of the The Tops Casino, next to a gate dividing The Strip.
Background[edit | edit source]
Billy Knight is a longtime professional comedian who has clearly fallen on hard times. His act are made up of sardonic one-liners and observations about life and various personalities in New Vegas. It is implied that he was once a well-known comic, but his desperation causes him to sharply question his worth to a club.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Talent Pool: The Courier needs to recruit a comedian. Billy is a prime choice to perform his act for the patrons of Tommy Torini's Aces Theater, located in The Tops casino.
Effects of player action[edit | edit source]
- Billy is desperate for the work, and offers to perform for as low as 10 caps a night; however, with a 25 Barter skill, he can be convinced to persuade Torini of his true worth as an act.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If recruited for Torini, Billy performs his act at The Aces nightly between 4:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M.
- If you listen to all of his jokes, he will make cracks and sound effects at the end that are not displayed in the text.
- The Tops sign bills him as the "King of Zing!".
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "It's great to be here at the Tops, folks. The room I'm in has a lovely little closet. A nail."
- "Thank you everybody, you've been a great audience, good night."
- "It's hard to sleep in this place, I tell you. Last night some girl was pounding on my door all night. Finally I had to let her out."
- "They really care about your privacy here at the Tops. Even room service has an unlisted number!"
- "My hotel room is so small, when I put the key in the lock, I broke the window!"
- "How about that suit Benny wears? If I had a suit like that, the ladies would be all over me. What, you expect a punchline? This guy pays my salary!"
- "I told my wife she was good-looking for a ghoul. It's just too bad she's not a ghoul."
- "I love these robots with the friendly little policeman's faces. Sure, they still rough you up, but they look so happy!"
- "My cousin and his wife are a fastidious couple. She's fast and he's hideous."
- "I know a guy, his motto is Love Thy Neighbor. He lives next door to a brothel."
- "I try to be frank and earnest with women. In New Reno, I'm Frank and in the Boneyard I'm Ernest."
- "I've been married for 17 years. Where did I go wrong?"
- "I've been in love with the same woman for 17 years. If my wife ever finds out, she'll kill me!"
- "My wife and I know the secret to a happy marriage. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant. She goes Mondays, I go Fridays."
- "I take my wife everywhere, but somehow she keeps finding her way back."
- "I bought my wife a little car here in New Vegas. An Omerta. It has a hood under the hood."
- "People say it's hard to survive the Wasteland - how hard can it be, the water glows in the dark!"
- "So I hear Mr. House runs the Strip. He took it over from the last guy, Mr. Mob-Infested Hellhole."
- "I had dinner at the Ultra-Luxe the other night. I told them my steak tasted funny. They said it was a clown."
- "I hear James Garret drove 5,000 head of Brahmin to New Reno. No bodies, just the heads."
- "A ghoul goes to a doctor and he says "Doctor, Doctor, I have this horrible rash!" The Doctor says "Son, that's called your face.""
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Billy Knight appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- During the course of his routine, Billy will make a joke about Tops owner Benny paying his salary; Billy will make this joke even if Benny is dead or has fled The Strip while other non-player characters in the theater are talking about the mobster's recent disgrace.
- Like all the other performers at The Aces, Billy will remain silently on the stage after his act has concluded if his allotted time there has not been met. Furthermore, he may walk straight off of the stage and into the audience, instead of down the side stairs.