From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Binoculars are equipped and holstered like a weapon, but cannot be used offensively. When drawn, using the same zoom function found on scoped weapons will allow the player to look through them at a magnification of x2.43.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Bison Steve Hotel - On a ledge above front entrance. Can be reached by walking along the broken roller coaster track visible to the left when facing the door.
- Sloan - On a table near the northern sandbag barrier on the road. Must be stolen.
- Ranger station Echo - On a crate at the northeast sandbag lookout.
- Mojave Outpost - There are two pairs which can be acquired. One can be found on the roof of the barracks, on a table. The second pair can be found at the southeast of the outpost near the gates leading to California, in a small guard post to the left of the gate. Both pairs must be stolen.
- Ranger station Delta - At the Hoover Dam observation post. Walk past the station camp site, northeast down the trail towards the dam. Must be stolen.
- Cottonwood Cove HQ - On the shelf above the desk in the southwest corner of the room.
- Lucky 38 - Fully-repaired binoculars can be found in the basement of the casino, accessible after delivering the platinum chip to Mr. House.
- Lucky 38 presidential suite - In the room with the pool table, on a shelf to the right of the door.
- Vault 3 - On a shelf, on the way up to the overseer's office.
- Guardian Peak - On a table next to a chair overlooking Lake Mead. They are initially unusable due to their condition, but can be repaired.
- A pair comes with the the Caravan Pack pre-order bonus content. This pack is now available as part of the Courier's Stash add-on.
- Primm - Can occasionally be purchased from Johnson Nash.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Binoculars are classed as a one-handed melee weapon in your Pip-Boy, and will be confiscated when entering casinos.
- Binoculars are often found in poor condition, but this does not affect their use. They can be repaired with weapons repair kits or other binoculars.
- Pressing the attack button when equipped with the binoculars will cause nearby non-player characters and companions to react as if you were pointing a weapon at them.
- They make the sound normally associated with melee weapons when picked up from the floor.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When you equip it, it shows an ammunition count.
- Looking through binoculars sometimes results in a black screen with a hack computer screen but can be fixed by restarting the game.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla vending machine in the Presidential Suite in the Lucky 38, it stays in your inventory but also puts another set in the machine. If you put one set of binoculars into the
- When taking one from a companion's inventory, and having another in your inventory already, it will act just as 1 set, with no (2) next to it. Giving a set to the companion results in having one set each again.