Black Bear Lodge
Black Bear Lodge
Black Bear Lodge is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
One of the premier hunting destinations near Grafton, back when the Toxic Valley was still a regular valley with forests and wildlife, the Lodge has remained a tourist staple up until the devastating spread of pollution courtesy of Grafton Steel. The Huntmaster 4000 remained on duty as the site's robotic manager, enforcing the various rules, such as permitted weapons (recently expanded to include hand grenades) and fair play rules (stipulating that animals need a fighting chance, so hunters must remain within ten thousand meters of the animal when shooting). The lodge also has a dark and sinister backstory as its owners Carl and Westley Addington conspired to start hunting the human guests staying at the lodge, of which evidence can be found in the basement.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The lodge is an extensive building stretching across four levels and represented one of the destinations for the rich. There are three main areas, including the Lodge itself, a red maintenance barn to the west, and a hot tub deck to the north. The Lodge itself contains four floors, with the bottom one containing a bobblehead spawn point, locked safe, a steamer trunk, and an Ammunition Vending Machine.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Holotapes and Notes
- The Addington's Dangerous Game: In basement of lodge, on holotape stereo.
- Potential bobbleheads
- On the metal desk, above the green footlocker, near the door, in the Huntmaster's basement office, inside the lodge.
- Potential magazines
- By the wooden crate, in an alcove close to the sleeping bag and duffle bag, in the ruined attic section of the lodge, with the long tree trunk lying up against it. Jump through the hole in the roof at the other end of the lodge, near the bed with two mattresses, to reach it.
- Potential power armor
- In the small red barn damaged by the falling tree.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Black Bear Lodge and the backstory behind it, its owners Carl and Westley Addington, and the holotape The Addington's Dangerous Game are a reference to Richard Connell's short story, The Most Dangerous Game. The short story is the inspiration for many movies, radio play, television shows and episodes, books, and video games.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Canned dog food and other packaged foods, Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Duct tape, cigar box, cigarette, cigar, Blackwater Brew bottle, New River Red Ale bottle, Oak Holler Lager bottle, Old Possum bottle, Pickaxe Pilsner bottle
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Black Bear Lodge appears in Fallout 76.