Black titanium (Fallout 76)
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Black titanium is a unique ore native to Appalachia. Although expensive to mine and refine, which precluded its use in the T-45 power armor, it was the right fit for the commercial Excavator power armor and various mining gear used by the mining corporations in the region.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Items with black titanium
- In general, black titanium can be difficult to locate, as it's predominantly gathered from veins and then smelted at a chemistry station. However, players can always farm mole miners, since they can drop miner suit scrap worth a single unit of black titanium each.
- Another source of titanium is Deathclaw Island. The deathclaw that spawns there reliably drops black titanium scraps.
- Black Titanium can also be found in Gorge Junkyard.
- Garrahan Mining Headquarters terminals: "We're running into durability issues with the Excavator's chassis. The extra punishment the arm units take when boring into bedrock is causing micro-stress fractures and sheared gear assemblies. Bryce suggested we look into black titanium as an alternative, since it's native to the area and might provide the tensile strength needed to keep the arm components from tearing themselves apart. I wish we had access to the ore when we were designing the T-45, but I don't think the Army would have wanted to foot the bill for the refinement process. As soon as Vivian gives us her stamp of approval, we'll cast new dies and get the parts molded."