Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Blackmail Iguana Bob
Blackmail Iguana Bob
Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Go down the ladder in the floor of the Junktown hospital.
- Talk to Gretch to discover what his shipment consists of.
- Kill Morbid, Gretch, Cougar and Flash (optional).
- Travel to the Hub.
- Speech check: Blackmail Bob into 'sharing his profits'.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The player needs to go to Doc Morbid's Hospital (an institution where they'll be "made useful" if you can't pay) and climb down the ladder into the doctor's basement. The player will meet a mentally-challenged worker of diminished stature named Gretch who will not so subtly let it slip that he's hard at work sorting out some human body parts to send to Iguana Bob in the Hub.
If the player confronts Doc Morbid over it, nothing will happen and they can't tell the authorities, leaving little opportunity for justice to be served. If the player kills Gretch, however, the Doctor and his two bodyguards, Flash and Cougar, will attack. No one will be bothered by their deaths, though.
The player then needs to go to the Hub and find Iguana Bob's stand Downtown. They need a high Speech skill to frighten him enough. Depending on their Barter skill, they can blackmail him for a large slice of his profits and then come back when they have a higher Barter skill to renegotiate. This number can go virtually unlimited bottle caps with lots of patience, but karma will plummet accordingly.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 500 XP
- A share of Bob's weekly income, depending on the price that was bartered for
- Variable karma loss
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- When the player is trying to blackmail Bob into paying him, one of the dialogue options is to say "Prime Choice Select is made of people!!!! It's made of people!!!" loudly. This is a reference to Charlton Heston's famous line from the film Soylent Green in which his character realizes a similarly morbid cannibalistic truth.