Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Blood sausage acts as a health restoration and boosting item, by restoring +100 Hit Points over time and also temporarily increases maximum health by +25 when consumed.
It can also be used as an ingredient for the more potent black blood sausage.
Variant[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- With the perk Them's Good Eatin', there is a 50% chance that one or more will be in the inventory of any living creature killed by the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is considered a banned item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Like thin red paste, blood sausage is a term used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. As in, "Your enemy explodes like a blood sausage".
- Blood sausage, or black pudding as it sometimes called, is a real-life type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.