Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Bloodborne Cave is located east of the Brotherhood of Steel safehouse and north-west of Bitter Springs. A large number of night stalkers and the legendary night stalker reside in the cave; it consists of a single interior section.
Known for the red-hued sandstone rocks flanking it, Bloodborne Cave is off the beaten track and now home to a pack of night stalkers, including the legendary night stalker. Before this, the sulfur cave was once home to a family of hunters, and their skeletons remain scattered throughout the cavern.
The cave lies in a sandstone range similar to Red Rock Canyon, and has many dangerous packs of wildlife surrounding the entrance.
Inside, there is a campfire near the entrance (left path, requires jumping down or clearing the cave) where the player can find a key. This key opens a Very Hard-locked gate further along on the North side of the cave. Behind the locked door lies a significant amount of loot. However, right beyond the gate is a easy-to-miss tripwire which triggers 3 grenade bouquets. This trap is especially deadly, as the grenades are set to drop throughout the tight corridor, and will likely kill everyone in the vicinity. Past the campfire is a grim assortment of skeletons, often accompanied by loot including weapons and ammunition. There are numerous mushrooms on the ground here, making the loot easy to spot.
- Once you pass the locked gate, unless you were stirring things up inside, that is where you come face to face with the legendary night stalker.
- There are about seven thousand bottle caps along with four $100 NCR, five Legion Denarius and two Legion Aureus in an "average" trunk which is behind a "very hard" locked gate. The amount can vary and is influenced by Fortune Finder. A key is located over the campfire, but it only opens the door, the lock for the box still requires picking. However, the lock on the box containing the money is only "average" and so only needs 50 lockpick to open, versus 100 lockpick for the gate itself, for which the key can be used.
- A 12.7mm submachine gun and a box of ammunition can be found behind the very hard locked gate.
- Nine frag grenades can be acquired by disarming the grenade bouquets above the gate.
- A hunting revolver and a box of ammunition can also be found next to a skeleton around the campfire.
- A 12.7mm pistol and ammunition can be found next to a skeleton in the last section of the cave with the ledge.
- A hunting shotgun and some 12 gauge shotgun shells can be found around the campfire.
- The body of an NCR trooper and a Recruit legionary can be found in the cave, with all associated loot.
- A dino toy can be found next to a small skeleton by the campfire.
- The highly dangerous grenade bouquet can be disarmed by jumping up to the grenades. However, some of the grenades are out of the player's reach without stacking large weapons or other dropped objects to increase the players jump height.
- This is the best location to earn the You Don't Belong In This World! challenge.
Bloodborne cave appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- legendary night stalker you might be immediately teleported at the entrance of the cave. After killing the
- By triggering the grenades the explosion may cause the game to freeze.
- Sometimes when ever a weapon is picked up it may not appear in your inventory until you leave the area.
- The rock face directly to the left of the entrance to the cave can be scaled, and with some skilled jumping off a rock to left of the top of the cave, the player can jump over the barrier and off of the map.
- ED-E and instructs ED-E to wait to avoid triggering the tripwire, ED-E may sink into the ground and the player will be unable to retrieve it. Note: non-player characters will still comment on ED-E as if he is present, "...Never seen a bot like that before." If the player is currently traveling with
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.359-360: "[3.07] Bloodborne Cave
Known for the red-hued sandstone rocks flanking it, Bloodborne is off the beaten track, near a cluster of Fire Geckos, and three unmarked Great Khan Supply Caves to the east [3.S09, 10, 11]. Locate the cave mouth in the perimeter rock wall, and the nearby Hollowed-Out Rock.
Check the ancient Campfire for the skeletal remains of a family of hunters."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)