Bobby pin (Fallout: New Vegas)
You'll need those to pick the lock. Be careful, though - put too much pressure on them and they'll snap.”— Sunny Smiles
Bobby pins are miscellaneous items in Fallout: New Vegas.
- A Crimson Caravan merchant, Blake, sells them.
- They can be bought at Miguel's Pawn Shop located in The New Vegas Westside.
- Located beside the Gun Runners, there is a small town where 2 bobby pins are stashed in each mailbox.
- Vault 22 quarters, just search the dressers, and you will find around 5 of them.
- On the dead bodies of feral ghouls and other enemies.
- In some first aid boxes.
- In safes or other places where you have to pick the lock, so they will usually be replenished if 2 or 3 have been broken.
- In some cash registers.
- On some shelves inside closets. They are hard to spot, but most shelves have one or two.
- Vault 3 has a large abundance of them in most first aid boxes and in the recreation area.
- Inside the Goodsprings Schoolhouse.
- Nipton Hall a box of 10 can be found on a shelf in the Mayor's Office.
- On the shelf inside and behind the counter of the Dino Bite gift shop. (10 total) Go there between 9 PM and 6 AM when the shop is closed.
- At least 3 at Camp Golf, in one of the bedrooms of the House Resort, on top of a dresser.
- When out of bobby pins the game will tell you that "You are all out of lockpicks," instead of bobby pins. This is because bobby pins' primary use is lockpicking.
- To avoid losing a bobby pin that is about to break, exit the lock and go back into it. The bobby pin will be good as new, but the lock will also be reset, meaning the same solution likely won't work.