Bobby pin (Fallout 3)
Bobby pins are miscellaneous items in Fallout 3.
- In merchant's inventories.
- On the dead bodies of feral ghouls, raiders, trogs (if The Pitt is installed), and other enemies.
- On tables inside intact houses across the Wasteland.
- In first aid boxes.
- In safes or other places where you have to pick the lock, so they will usually be replenished if 2 or 3 have been broken.
- In some cash registers. There are several cash registers in the sub-basement of the National Archives.
- In Amata's room during the quests Escape! and Trouble on the Homefront.
- In ant refuse piles.
- Directly west of Rockbreaker's Last Gas, on top of a large cliff, there's an abandoned shack. Inside the shack there are approximately 14-20 bobby pins on the bedside table near the average locked ammunition box.
- In Calvert Mansion (Point Lookout) at least ten bobby pins can be found in wardrobes around the house.
- In the supply plant of The Pitt's steelyard there is an average locked door with 6 steel ingots inside. In front of the door, there are multiple packs with bobby pins.
- Lying next to corpses/skeletons.
- Inside Evergreen Mills Bazaar, there are several dressers, each containing 3, along with various bottles of alcohol.
- When out of bobby pins the game will tell you that "You are all out of lockpicks," instead of bobby pins. This is because bobby pins' primary use is lockpicking.
- To avoid losing a bobby pin that is about to break, exit the lock and go back into it. The bobby pin will be good as new, but the lock will also be reset, meaning the same solution likely won't work.