Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Bottlecap mine (Fallout 3)
|For an overview of mine models used throughout the Fallout series, see Mine.|
A bottlecap mine is a craftable landmine that does five times the damage of a standard frag mine.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Bottlecap mines are constructable by the player, using the bottlecap mine schematics. Building it requires a lunchbox (container), 10 caps (shrapnel), a sensor module (firing device), and a cherry bomb (explosive). Locating additional schematics allows you to build more bottlecap mines at a time. Like other landmines, they need to be armed and placed to be used. Unlike other mines, they are larger, have a bigger warning, and make a much larger explosion. They also, accordingly, take a bit longer to arm and drop. Their explosive power is such that one will kill almost any normal non-player character in the game, including deathclaws.
Like normal frag mines, the bottlecap mine can be reverse-pickpocketed onto an enemy to kill them, though it is perhaps an unwise and unnecessary idea considering their explosive radius.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
10 Bottle cap
1-3 Bottlecap mine
- Note: the amount of bottlecap mines that can produce is dependent on the amount of schematics aquired.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- A single bottlecap mine can be found on nearly every workbench in the game with a few exceptions. This applies to the purchaseable workbench for your Megaton house. In shops and other non-player character-owned locations, taking it will usually be considered stealing.
- Three can be found in the Super-Duper Mart.
- One can be found at the workbench in the Rivet City Market.
- All of the parts can also be found in Pinkerton's room under Rivet City, including a pile of caps.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bottlecap mines weigh only one-sixth as much as the sum of their components.
- Even though some duct tape can be seen on the mine, it's not needed to construct it.