The NCR sure did a number of this place.
”— Great Khan
Boulder City is a town in the Mojave Wasteland. Boulder City was formerly a functioning town, but was destroyed by the NCR during the First Battle of Hoover Dam. Normally Boulder City acts as a mill town in which all the concrete mixing workers live at, but as of now, Boulder City is a practical ghost town with one permanent resident since Deathclaws stopped production of limestone from Quarry Junction.
Boulder City survived the Great War almost entirely intact and was, until recently, a functional town. However, during the First Battle of Hoover Dam in 2277, in an ingenious ploy against the Legion's elite forces, New California Republic Rangers booby trapped the town and led the Legion's finest troops into the trap. Although this helped win the battle, the city was almost entirely demolished as a result. After the battle, a monument to the NCR soldiers who fell during the battle was placed in the remains of the town.
Now, Boulder City is a no more than a construction town that acts as a drop off point for the deliveries of limestone from Quarry Junction which are then crushed and mixed into the concrete at the local mixing yard. However, because of the recent Deathclaw infestation at Quarry Junction, limestone mining has ground to a halt which has in turn put a hold on deliveries and production of concrete. All the concrete workers that usually inhabit the town have wandered off leaving only Ike, the bartender of the town saloon, as the only resident. The NCR has been using the concrete to construct bunkers up and down the river, planning to eventually restore the region's rail network and connect it to California's.
There is little in the town apart from the Boulder City ruins and the Big Horn saloon, run by Ike. On the outskirts of the town is the Boulder City train station, and exactly adjacent to that is the Cement Mixing plant that has fallen into misuse.
At the western entrance to the town there is a large monument stone which is the NCR memorial to the soldiers who died at the Battle for Hoover Dam. Private Kowalski can be found contemplating the memorial when the Courier first arrives.
- Boulder City ruins
- True Police Stories and a set of spiked knuckles on a bookshelf, in the top floor of ruined building east south-east of the Great Khan hideout.
- A combat knife can be found in the same place, located on the floor, in the small space between the wall and the bookshelf.
- ¡La Fantoma! on the lower floor of the same building, in a corner by the stairs to the upper floor, behind a chair and a mattress. There's also 3 jets in the bathroom behind.
- On the 2nd floor just south of the building listed above, there is an Average-locked grenade box with leveled loot, along with 2 stimpaks, 10mm submachine gun, or 9mm ammunition.
- On the first floor of the building above in the bathroom tub is a 10mm submachine gun, ammunition, and Buffout.
- Gum drops on a shelf inside the Great Khan hideout as well as a turbo. Also, a dead McMurphy is laid out on a bed behind the bar that contains a 9mm submachine gun and miscellaneous loot.
- There are also 2 Psycho, a Turbo, a Fixer, 10mm round and 2 ammunition boxes in the hideout that need to be stolen. Best taken after the Khans leave if you don't want to engage them.
- Big Horn Saloon
- Boulder City train station
- Concrete mixing yard
- Boulder City marks the beginning of the main storyline's climax in the New Vegas Strip.
- If you access Manny Vargas's terminal in his motel room in Novac it will tell you that the Great Khans reside in Boulder City and the location gets marked on your map.
- Manny also has a holodisk that can be pick pocketed for the location of the Khans.
- If you gaze at the memorial you will find Private First Class (PFC) Donald Kowalski.
- Boulder City is one of the few places with an abundance of Ravens that is not within the starting region.
- Even if your character is vilified by the Khans, they will not attack.
- It was planned to have the NCR Memorial knocked down and replaced with a statue of Caesar in the post-game, if the player had sided with the Legion during the final battle.
- Boulder City is an actual town in Nevada located 20 miles south-east of Las Vegas. Lake Mead, located next to Boulder City, is the home of the Hoover Dam. Interestingly enough, Boulder City is one of two towns in Nevada where gambling is illegal; the other being the town of Panaca.
Boulder City appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Courier: "Where does the concrete come from?"
Ike: "Most of the limestone comes from Quarry Junction out west. The supply had stopped for awhile because of a Deathclaw problem. I heard some badass wastelander killed the Deathclaws, and deliveries of limestone have been coming in again. I don't think they've gotten the trains up and running yet, but most of the concrete plant workers have come back to town now. Good for business."
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.370-371: "[3.32] Boulder City
Boulder City, sprawling though its ruins are, has never been a sizable settlement post-war. It is a minor location, mostly notable for its proximity to Hoover Dam [3.33] and the 188 Trading Post [5.02]. It's a common resting spot for people on their way to New Vegas and for troops moving to and from the dam. There are not many intact buildings, as it was the site of intense fighting between NCR and Caesar's Legion during the first Battle of Hoover Dam. The Rangers lured some of the toughest veteran Legionaries into the town and blew it to pieces with explosives that had been strategically placed ahead of time.
A slab of limestone carved with the names of those who gave their lives during the first Battle of Hoover Dam. Private Kowalski is paying his respects here. Carve additional indents into the War Memorial to begin Free Quest: Defacing the Humble Stone.
Ranger Lutz' Last Stand"
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- ↑ The Courier: "What happened to Boulder City?"
Monroe: "Destroyed during the Battle of Hoover Dam a couple of years ago. The town was set up as a trap for Caesar's Legion. The sharpshooters in the Rangers picked off the Legion's veterans from a distance, and the rest of the Legion just rushed on in. Then - boom!"
- ↑ The Courier: "Tell me about Boulder City."
Ike: "Most of the town is rubble - destroyed during the Battle of Hoover Dam - and the only other thing around here is the concrete mixing yard."
- ↑ The Courier: "Where does the concrete come from?"
Ike: "Most of the limestone comes from Quarry Junction out west, but I hear some Deathclaws overran the quarry. With no work to be had, all the workers around here have wandered off. I'm the only one left in town."
- ↑ The Courier: "What's the concrete used for?"
Ike: "The NCR has been constructing bunkers up and down the river. From what I've heard, it's a little late for that. Travelers over at the 188 - just up the road - said that the Legion has overrun a couple of towns to the south."