Boulder City Showdown is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
As the Courier follows the trail left behind by Benny and his Great Khans entourage, they find a unit of NCR Army soldiers locked in a stalemate with the Khans. As luck would have it, these are the Great Khans they're looking. They've are under siege in the ruins, surrounded by Lieutenant Monroe's men. Unfortunately, the soldiers are forced to stay put: The Khans have taken a number of their comrades hostage. The entire situation has gone from bad to worse: After exchanging fire with a Novac patrol, the Khans fell back. However, rather than wait for reinforcements to arrive, the patrol pursued the Khans into the ruins, getting caught in the crossfire. Most of them got out, but two privates got captured by the Khans. Since then, the situation has been a stalemate, as the troopers cannot attack without risking the lives of their fellow soldiers.
- The quest is given automatically after talking to Lieutenant Monroe at the entrance to the Boulder City ruins. The player can offer to negotiate with the Khans' leader, which will make the Khans non-hostile and allow the player to reach him. Conversely, if they decide to sneak in or participate in the attack, the Khans will be hostile.
- There are three main ways to accomplish this quest:
- Talk to the Lieutenant, offer to negotiate, then talk Jessup down with Speech 45. Jessup will agree to letting the hostages go as a sign of good will, expecting Monroe to let the Khans leave unmolested. However, the lieutenant receives orders to attack the Khans in the meantime, with the brass writing the hostages off as acceptable casualties. The player can lean on his honor if the Khans let the soldiers go or leave the matter up to him (in this case, he goes through with the orders). If the hostages weren't released, the player has to bribe him with 500 caps towards the soldiers' families fund (400 with Barter 45).
- If the player cannot convince Jessup to let the hostages go, then they must bribe the Lieutenant.
- Sneak in, release the hostages, then either wipe the Khans out with the NCR or wait for the Army to mop up.
- Kill the NCR soldiers for Jessup, allowing the Khans to leave unmolested.
- Negotiation path
|1|| ||Meet with Jessup, leader of the Great Khans in Boulder City.|
|2|| ||Negotiate for the release of the NCR hostages.|
|3||Return to Lieutenant Monroe and inform him that you've worked out a deal with the Great Khans.|
- Siding with the Khans
|1|| ||Help the Great Khans kill all the NCR troops in the Boulder City ruins.|
|2||Tell Jessup the Great Khans are free to go.|
Skipping Boulder City and going straight to Vegas may break Jessup's dialogue permanently.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|