The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
Background[edit | edit source]
Hanging around near the Mill’s Ammo Press, Brand is a gaunt-looking character, even for a Pitt Slave. He isn't well-liked, even by the other Pitt Slaves. However, he does have something to barter (Stimpaks) if one reveals information on various aspects of their affairs.
Essentially, Brand is a snitch that gives the Pitt raiders inside information about other slaves to get better treatment and other bonuses.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Slave Snitch: You talk to him, you may reveal several secrets to him, including telling him about the riot Wernher is organizing in exchange for stimpaks, experience points and negative karma.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- Telling him about Marco will get Marco killed.
- Once the revolt starts, he is likely to be killed by the slaves for betraying them. Occasionally he survives, having run away and hidden.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Worn slave outfit|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Other slaves constantly warn the player not to trust him.
- Once the slave revolt has ended he will return to his post as if nothing happened.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, he doesn't appear at all in the Mill. This is triggered if the player both buys slaves from Ramsey (even if killing him afterwards) and speaks to Prosper.
- Sometimes he will run into the steelyard during the revolt, and stay at the top of the smokestack for the rest of the game. There, he is considered "friendly" by the trogs, except for the fledglings.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.63: "Brand
Hanging around near the Mill's Ammo Press, Brand is a gaunt-looking character, even for a Pitt Slave. He isn't well-liked, even by the other Pitt Slaves. However, he does have something to barter (Stimpaks) if you reveal information on various aspects of your quests. Beware if you do though; the repercussions could prove lethal for those loyal to Wernher's cause."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)