The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Ain't got no use for one. Lost most of my hair a long time ago, y'see?”— Breadbox, Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
Breadbox is a slave locked up in the Paradise Falls slave pen, and can be found there the entire day. Should you be able to open the gate and free the other slaves, Breadbox is the only one that will not flee, making him the only slave that can only be found at the pens unless killed.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Rescue from Paradise: Like the other slaves, the Lone Wanderer can try to convince him to flee but the Lone Wanderer's efforts will literally fall on deaf ears.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In a conversation with another slave, he reveals that his nickname comes from a game that slavers used to play with new slaves ("See what'll fit inside a Breadbox.") that he'd "rather not talk about."
- He is opposed to the plan to break out of Paradise Falls that Bleak is concocting and urges her to accept her life as a slave and cooperate with the slavers.
- Breadbox appears to be incredibly hard of hearing when conversing with the Lone Wanderer but never with the other slaves. This is either an inconsistency or he pretends to be hard of hearing as the negation of the Lone Wanderer's attempts to free him.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Breadbox appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Breadbox is tagged as part of the slaver faction, which makes people of most other factions automatically hostile to him, and if you kill Breadbox all the slavers become hostile to you.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.63: "Breadbox
Breadbox is the oldest slave in the camp by far. Old slaves don't sell well, and at this point, they can't even give Breadbox away. Most of the time, the Slavers just ignore him."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)