Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Brewer's beer bootlegging
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Brewer's beer bootlegging
And God said: let them have beer”
Brewer's beer bootlegging is a small abandoned shack, leading to an old underground bootlegging establishment, found in the Mojave Wasteland, located nearly due west of the Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters, in 2281.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Many cazadores and cazador nests are located around the shack. Upon entering the shack, ahead lies an average locked door to an underground section of the shack, the bootlegging establishment itself. In the center of the room is a campfire, which can be used for making Survival items. Next to the locked door is a shelf with the key on top next to some bottle caps. However, It is possible for the key to fall through the shelf and become unobtainable if you pick up other objects on the shelf first.
The underground section contains an average locked explosive chest with a generous amount of explosives. There is also a hard locked gun cabinet that can be opened with a key found next to the chemistry equipment in the opposite room. Straight ahead, when at the bottom of the stairs, there is a shelf with an unlocked rusty ammunition box. In the section is a sign for "Strategic Nuclear Moose" advertised as a type of beer, with several beer bottles on a table near the sign.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap is located on top of the small bookcase with other bottle caps as well as a key to the cellar, just left of the door.
- Psycho x2 behind the bookcase in the northwest corner of the shack.
- Big Book of Science is located underground, in the back room next to a chemistry set.
- West of Brewer's beer bootlegging, a group of cazadores are guarding a duffle bag.
- A BB gun is in the basement, under the table with some BBs.
- A random selection of weapons are also found based upon the player character's current level, which include: An assault carbine, a Gauss rifle, a sniper rifle, a 12.7mm pistol, a hunting revolver, a trail carbine, a missile launcher, a tri-beam laser rifle and an incendiary grenade, in the gun cabinet in the basement. The key can be found under the Big Book of Science in the corner.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There have been cases when upon exiting the shack, you are ambushed by a few cazadores that spawn next to you. This may also occur when fast traveling to this location, and randomly happens when entering as well.
- To the west of the shack up in the mountains is a Duffle bag surrounded by mutilated corpses and skeletons and is also heavily guarded by Cazadores. The Duffle bag itself contains random loot such a ammunition, armor and medicine.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Brewer's beer bootlegging appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
"Strategic Nuclear Moose" is likely a reference to the Real life beer "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" made by BrewDog.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
There is a bug involving picking a locked door then loading the autosave from entering that door in which you right analog stick will become unresponsive. Several methods have been found to remedy this bug. This bug was present in Fallout 3 as well, making it likely this is a bug with the engine itself rather than the specific game.
- Loading a hard save from before you entered the locked door.
- Killing or knocking unconscious a companion in V.A.T.S. can fix the bug.
- Finding another locked door and picking it usually fixes the bug.
- Opening several containers and taking their contents has had some success.
The key to the cellar may glitch and fall through the bookshelf unless it is taken first.
- Sometimes the key does not even turn up. Even if you go to the shelf and not pick anything up there is still no evidence that the key is there.
- There also seems to be a pathing bug. Your companions, especially ED-E, can get stuck at the lower floor. The only way to fix this seems to be reloading the game.