In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The broad machete has a unique world model and an appearance that sets it apart from other machetes; the bolo-style blade is well-traveled and well-honed, making it a more conventional machete as opposed to the makeshift design used by the Legionaries. It also has a unique Pip-Boy icon when selected.
The broad machete has considerably higher DPS (especially at higher levels), and a higher base damage as well. While it does not take advantage of extra limb damage like other machetes, it only weight 1 lb. These factors make it an excellent weapon for melee-based characters, especially early on, where the broad machete tends to outperform other melee weapons by a considerable factor. It's forward power attack is more akin to non-player character power attacks, as well.
Unlike the normal one handed melee weapons, it does not have the "Back Slash" special attack.
- Machete, the common variant
- Machete gladius, a quasi-unique variant of the machete that is significantly more damaging.
- Liberator, a unique and significantly more damaging variant of the machete.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Machete||11||43||1.9||x1.5||11||20||2||50||50||Melee Weapons:25 Strength:3|
|Machete gladius||28||98||3.6||x1.5||28||20||2||75||1000||Melee Weapons:25 Strength:4|
|Liberator||18||62.4||3.5||x3||18||18||2||75||1000||Melee Weapons:25 Strength:3|
|Broad machete||15||48.5||3.2||x2||15||17||1||75||75||Melee Weapons:0 Strength:3|
Originally, the only way to acquire this weapon was by redeeming the code that came with the pre-order exclusive Tribal Pack. It can now also be acquired by purchasing the add-on, Courier's Stash.
- Though the broad machete looks completely different to the machetes found in the main game, the Tribal Pack's promotional poster shows the character holding a plain machete.
- The charge attack animation is the same as the Legion assaults animation.