As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Broadcast tower KB5
Fallout 3 locations project
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
Broadcast tower KB5
Broadcast Tower KB5 is a broadcast tower in the Capital Wasteland in the year 2277. It is located west of the Deathclaw Sanctuary. After turning its power source on, it broadcasts Signal Alfa Lima to the near vicinity.
The broadcast tower is high up on a hill, just west of the Deathclaw Sanctuary.
The drainage chamber just southeast of and beneath the tower has an average locked door. Behind the door are various junk items (gas tank, handbrake, pilot light), a pre-War book, and some drugs, plus a bed. It is home to some ghouls.
- Tumblers Today and a pre-War book in the drainage chamber southeast of the tower.
- Southwest down the hill toward the highways, there is a camp of raiders fortified behind cars. There's a Grognak the Barbarian book (in a crate under tin cans), a Stealth Boy, a super sledge, ammunition chests, and various weapons.
- There's an abandoned house guarded by raiders that lies west of KB5 tower. There's a mini nuke in the bathtub and a Tumblers Today book on a shelf (also found in the cooler) in the corner of the house opposite to the bath tub.
- There's a truck with a trailer containing a mini nuke and loot west of KB5 tower on the bridge past the raider camp. As the player approaches, a scientist holding a Big Book of Science apparently blows himself up. If the player's lucky, he can find a small piece of him somewhere on the road to loot the skill book.
- Northeast from the abandoned house there is a wastelander corpse near a rusty car and a handcart. There's an Almost Home... note on the wastelander's body (at the bottom of the hill northeast of the abandoned house mentioned above).
- Northeast of the wastelander corpse is yet another bathtub with a mini nuke between a skeleton's legs.
- Northwest of the raider house (and north of the truck on the bridge), next to four cars, there is a Duck and Cover! book as well as two average-locked grenade boxes and one ammunition box.
- Broadcast tower KB5 is one of many areas where the player can experience a random encounter.
- It seems as though someone was trying to break into the radio room, due to the corpse, Tumblers Today, and bobby pin outside the door, and due to the fact that the door is locked.
- To the west of the tower is a ledge overlooking the Deathclaw Sanctuary, providing a good sniping position.
Broadcast tower KB5 appears in Fallout 3.
- Sometimes if the player does not kill all of the raiders at the nearby car forts, and the mirelurks below the bridge, then the scientist will not even spawn in the trailer. Thus when he triggers the explosion in the trailer, there will be no explosion-propelled corpse.