Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Brooks tumbleweed ranch
Brooks tumbleweed ranch
Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch is an abandoned ranch in Fallout: New Vegas, found in the extreme northwest of the Mojave. It's due west from the unmarked mercenary camp and its unique weapon.
Layout[edit | edit source]
An abandoned ranch on the edges of the Mojave wasteland, just off Highway 95, the ranch contains a ruined barn and overturned fed silo, an empty corral, and a more or less intact ranch house. The ranch house has two floors. The ground floor contains the living room and adjacent kitchen, with the bedrooms found upstairs. There's a "wind-brahmin" (tumbleweed) upstairs, with a small play room to the side. In the back, on the shelves, is a copy of a skill book. All the items are considered owned, by the tumbleweed no less!
Wind-Brahmin Wrangler[edit | edit source]
Entering the pen will bring the player into contact with a cloaked nightkin standing in the center, offering the player "wind-brahmin" (tumbleweeds) in exchange for all the bottle caps the player carries. The player was supposed to receive a Stealth Boy in return, but this was patched out. Refusing to buy or interacting with the nightkin again will cause the mutant to attack. Looks like the dead wastelander outside the pen learned that the hard way.
The Stealth Boy can be pickpocketed from the nightkin at any time.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Lying, Congressional Style: Upstairs, in the play room, on the locker shelves.
- Cattle prod: On the ground near the skillbook.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla crate: Left in the corridor leading to the kitchen.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap: On the shelves in the kitchen, near the empty sarsaparilla bottles.
- Two stimpaks: Pinned against the wall behind the shelves, near the star cap.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The shack reuses the same floor plan as Sloan's mining office and other locations in the Mojave, which in turn was used for the Republic of Dave's capital building and the Regulator Headquarters from Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.290: "[1.01] Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch
North of the remains of Highway 95, this ranch consists of a derelict shack, a fallen feed silo, and a house. The ranch house has a Wind-Brahman you can "pet," and various junk on the ground floor along with some First Aid Boxes; check the pantry for a Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Bottle Cap on the floor near the empty bottles. Find another Wind-Brahmin and some mattresses upstairs, along with a Skill book on the locker shelf."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)