Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
It's been a while kid, I guess the G.O.A.T. couldn't have predicted the way you'd turn out, could it?”— Edwin Brotch to the Lone Wanderer.
Edwin Brotch is a resident of Vault 101 and the vault's teacher in Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
Edwin inherited the position of schoolteacher from his father, just like his father inherited it from his. In fact, there has been a Brotch as schoolteacher since day one in the Vault. This caused Edwin some distress, as with no children of his own, it appears he'll be the last Brotch to hold this position. Until then, he is the man responsible for administering the G.O.A.T. exams.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Future Imperfect: Brotch administers the G.O.A.T.
- Trouble on the Homefront: Brotch has been imprisoned due to his loyalty to Amata Almodovar during the rebellion.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Vault 101 jumpsuit|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The blackboard in the Vault 101 classroom says "Brotch the crotch".
- It is evident that Brotch dislikes Butch DeLoria due to Butch's delinquent nature, as Brotch states he wishes to savor the moment before issuing Butch with the profession of hairdresser.
- Brotch is known as a difficult grader, as evidenced by James' response: "anything is possible! Even an A from Mr. Brotch!"
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Now that everyone has managed to find the classroom we can finally get started."
- "No talking and keep your eyes to yourself."
- "You don't want to know what happens to the people who FAIL the G.O.A.T."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Edwin Brotch appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.71: "Edwin Brotch
Mister Brotch inherited the position of schoolteacher from his father and grandfather. Since the day the Vault 101 residents entered the vault, there has been a Brotch as a schoolteacher. Mr. Brotch in concerned about carrying on that tradition, but with no children of his own, he is beginning to worry that he will be the last in line."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- James: "Ha ha! Look at that! What'd I tell you, huh? Work hard enough, and anything is possible. Even an "A" from Mister Brotch! Ha ha ha ha ha!"