Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Why don't you go bother the Brotherhood or something?”— Brotherhood Outcast, Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
Outcasts are original Knights and Paladins that came to the Capital Wasteland under the command of Owyn Lyons, but since split from his organization and reformed under Henry Casdin's leadership. They are highly skilled combatants, equipped with high tech weapons and power armor.
To compensate for their low numbers, Outcasts often supplement their squads with reprogrammed combat robots, such as robobrains or sentry bots. Outcast patrols in the Capital Wasteland typically consist of three soldiers, or two soldiers and a combat robot.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character has no special interactions.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Outcasts spawn in 3 different ranks, equivalent to the Initiate, Knight, and Paladin ranks of Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel. They are neutral to the player and other non-hostile wastelanders, albeit rather rude. They will engage in combat against hostile Wasteland creatures, raiders, and Enclave soldiers.
- All unnamed Outcasts are set as evil. Named characters and robots are set as good.
- All Brotherhood of Steel members are hostile to Brotherhood Outcasts and vice versa. While normally they do not meet, in Broken Steel water caravans can encounter Outcasts, particularly near Vault 101 and Fort Bannister. If Star Paladin Cross is dismissed from the party, she will automatically engage (and slaughter) any Outcasts she meets.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Outcast power armor|
|Laser rifle or|
Chinese assault rifle or
Laser pistol or
CZ53 personal minigun or
Assault rifle or
Missile launcher or
10mm submachine gun or
L30 Gatling laser or
Super sledge or
Drops on death
Locations[edit | edit source]
Brotherhood outcast squads can be found patrolling the Capital Wasteland at random. Their main base of operations is Fort Independence, which is occupied by a small army of Brotherhood outcast soldiers.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Hey local, shouldn't you be banging rocks together or something?"
- "Casdin says you're clear."
- "Keep your distance, mutt. No knowing what is breeding on you,"
- "Great, here's some of the local wildlife..."
- "No time to talk to your type, local."