Brotherhood of Steel safehouse
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Brotherhood of Steel safehouse
Outside of the safehouse.
Layout[edit | edit source]
You can only gain entrance to the Brotherhood of Steel Safehouse after you finish the quest Still in the Dark.
Safe house[edit | edit source]
The safe house is lacking in objects except for a few bunkbeds and other miscellaneous items you'll commonly see in a safehouse. Inside, Brotherhood Paladin Sato watches over the bunker and can repair items for the player up to 100%. Paladin Sato is not always at the safehouse, and resides in an inaccessible, empty room several meters past the back wall of the bunker at all other times. Included in the bunker is a reloading bench, a workbench and a water fountain which gives zero rads.
As of patch 126.96.36.199xx you can now find: recon armor, T-51b power armor, and T-45d power armor, all in poor condition, as well as a Tesla cannon, a minigun, a Gatling laser and some ammunition.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Weapon repair kit on a shelf in the rear-left of the lower area.
- Tesla cannon.
- Gatling laser.
- Electron charge packs (bulk).
- Minigun with 5mm surplus, 2 (100 each).
- Missile launcher with one high velocity missile and one high explosive missile.
- A set of T-51b power armor, T-45d power armor, and recon armor - Be aware of the difference between Brotherhood T-45d / T-51b power armor and non-Brotherhood. The Brotherhood T-45d / T-51b power armor will get you shot at if you are seen by factions like the NCR, non Brotherhood will not. There is no advantage to wearing the Brotherhood version of the armor, (unless impersonating a member), as there are no other differences between the two.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All the storage containers in the safehouse bunker are safe storage.
- Weapons and items may be dropped and displayed on the shelves of the safe house without fear of them disappearing over time.
- It is not safe to store food in the open inside the safehouse because Paladin Sato picks up the food and proceeds to eat it.
- If you have completed Crazy, Crazy, Crazy and have repaired Rhonda, and possibly because Rhonda turned hostile, while Raul Tejada and Rex are companions, Tabitha may appear outside of the safehouse.
- All weapons and armor found inside the safehouse are in very poor condition. Inside the bunker is a weapon repair kit and most of the supplies needed to make more, complete with a workbench.
- The water fountain inside gives pure water with no rads.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Brotherhood of Steel safehouse appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Most items that you drop from your inventory will fall through the floor, and somehow appear on the top floor where you enter the building by the sewer grate door.It is unclear why this happens to only certain items. One way to drop items without this happening, is to face one of the pole supports in the bunker, and drop the item. This may take a few tries. You can also stand on the workbench and drop them. EDIT: I was able to fix this bug by dropping more than one item at a time. When I did, no items fell through the floor or disappeared.
- On the first floor, there is a wrench that is unobtainable; you cannot take it or even pick it up and move it, unless you grab another object and use that to push the wrench.
- Sometimes the safehouse is empty of all armors and weapons. This will happen if you don't have the new patch installed.
- Be careful not to fire the Tesla cannon inside the bunker, it will sometimes cause a hard freeze.
- Rarely the Tesla cannon will not appear inside the bunker. All other armors and weapons will be inside, but there seems to be no way to make it appear. EDIT: if you delete the patch, load your save, walk around for a couple of seconds, save, reinstall the patch, then go back to the bunker, everything inside there will be reset. Thus allowing you to get the Tesla cannon. This can also be exploited to get as many T-51b's and Tesla cannons as you want.
- Paladin Sato will steal items in your storage boxes with updates. Hasn't been seen on un-updated games.