The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Sent by James Hsu to kill Motor-Runner, leader of the Fiends, Bryce Anders infiltrated Vault 3 with his orders, but was discovered and sustained severe injuries making him incapable of completing his assignment on his own in his current condition. When the player finds him, Anders has retreated to a room in the recreational wing of Vault 3 and has set many traps along the way to keep the Fiends at bay.
He can be found by entering the living quarters, making the first left and proceeding directly ahead through the door to find a dead Fiend along with some booby traps at the foot of some stairs leading to the recreational wing. The hallway to the door (which is up some stairs) has a few mines and a tripwire booby trap on the living quarters side and a few mines on the recreational wing side.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Bounty Killer: Anders was supposed to kill Motor-Runner, but obviously didn't succeed, so he asks the player for help.
Effects of the player's actions
- When the Courier completes Bounty Killer, or convinces him he's too injured to fight, he will travel to Camp McCarran if he lives, where he will bunk inside one of the barracks tents outside.
- It is possible to get a key to the maintenance area from him. The key is only necessary if your Lockpick skill is below 75 and you did not pass the Speech check (or wear Great Khan armor) at the entrance to the vault, which would grant you access to all sections.
|NCR Ranger patrol armor and Ranger hat|
|Vault 3 Maintenance key|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
- Bryce will die immediately if he suffers any damage inflicted by a member of the Fiends. It is unclear if this effect is intentionally applied in all situations, or was meant to be applied only in the instance that you convince him to attack Motor-Runner alone.
- Bryce is armed only with a combat knife and will not equip a better weapon, even if you reverse-pickpocket a firearm into his inventory.
- Unlike other NCR characters, Bryce does not become hostile if the Courier is wearing faction armor, such as that of the Great Khans or even Caesar's Legion. This prevents him from attacking the Courier on sight if the Courier is using a Great Khans outfit to infiltrate Vault 3 as part of Aba Daba Honeymoon.
- There are two characters in Fallout: New Vegas named "Anders". The other Anders is a Great Khan that you need to rescue from Cottonwood Cove for the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest.
Bryce Anders appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- If you leave Vault 3 after fixing his leg and telling him to wait there for you, but before killing Motor-Runner, he may make his way to Camp McCarran.
- If you have teamed up with him first he will give you the key to the wing. If you however talk to him again and tell him that you'll do the mission solo, he will curse himself for not being able to do anything right as he doesn't have the key to give the player. He will implore the player to seek out the key elsewhere.
- It is possible to get "infinite experience" by asking him "What an NCR ranger is doing here" and then choosing "[SPEECH 25]<Lie> I'm independent contractor with NCR" you get 25-75 EXP every time.
- It is also possible to get "infinite experience" by offering to take out Motor-Runner for him and choosing "[SPEECH 25] I can handle myself just fine. I found you, didn't I?" garnering 35 EXP. This dialogue option appears even after he has left Vault 3. (Note: His dialogue options will change after you heal his leg his dialogue options change so you will no longer be able to use this exploit.)
- If you have previously completed Aba Daba Honeymoon, but have not killed Motor-Runner, then open the access hatch by hacking the nearby terminal. Once this is done it is possible to tell Anders to leave, he will then sneak out of the vault. Once he leaves you can return to McCarren without killing Motor-runner with no negative consequences, everyone will assume he is dead. This is useful if you want to stay on good terms with the Fiends for some reason.
- If you're doing the Aba Daba Honeymoon and kill Motor-Runner after delivering the package, you can take his helmet directly to Colonel James Hsu and he'll comment on how "Anders showed up not too long ago," regardless of ever interacting or even seeing Anders in Vault 3.