In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
- Receive notification from a disguised Frumentarius.
- Travel to the cache location near Cottonwood Cove.
- Open any of the metal boxes.
|1||Find the Legion Dropbox.|
- A maximum of ten boxes can appear on the ledge, split into two groups: five boxes are located on the west side of the ledge. These boxes are labeled "Legion Dropbox" and contain Legion Denarii totaling 235 in count between the five boxes. All five boxes will always be present. Up to five additional boxes may be present on the east side of the ledge overlooking Cottonwood Cove. At least one of these boxes will be present. The number of boxes depends on how well-liked the Courier is by Caesar's Legion; all five will appear with an "idolized" reputation.
- Loot in each box is randomized but can include any of the following, with more valuable items appearing at higher reputation levels (liked or idolized):
- Various types and amounts of ammunition and healing items.
- Doctor's bags.
- Various armor types, including: combat armor, recon armor, advanced radiation suits, leather armor and metal armor.
- Flamer fuel, energy cells and microfusion cells in amounts often surpassing 9000.
- Stealth Boys in random quantities.
- As indicated by the disguised Frumentarius, any items left inside the cache boxes will be removed once the quest re-appears. However, items taken from the boxes and left on the ground nearby will remain indefinitely.
- If the player later acquires negative reputation with the Legion, the quest marker will no longer appear. However, the Legion will continue to restock the cache boxes. With the location now known, the player can still take items regularly even without Caesar's permission, and without karma loss.
- After two uses of the drop boxes the quest may stop resetting due to an unknown cause. Waiting more than three days and maintaining a Liked or better reputation with the Legion will not reset the quest.
- It is possible to permanently disable this quest if the player fast-travels away from the Disguised Frumentarius as he is approaching, or if he is killed.
- Caesar's Hire quest. Additionally, Caesar's Hire will not recur while the player has a positive reputation, despite this quest not being obtainable. This quest cannot be obtained if the player has previously received the
- Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide