Fallout 3 locations project
Calverton and the chapel
Calverton is the small abandoned town with a chapel southwest of Jury Street metro station. It is not marked on the world map.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Church[edit | edit source]
The church is easily spotted from the southwest. To the right of the church is a small graveyard fenced off by a broken white picket fence. In the church entrance is a tripwire, which triggers a shotgun trap, and in the back is a grenade trap triggered by a pressure plate. There is also a podium, some barrels, and a few beds. There is a captive to the left of the bed.
Surrounding area[edit | edit source]
The town consists of a few buildings, mostly being boarded up and a couple which you can enter unharmed.
Random encounter[edit | edit source]
One of at least three encounters will happen here:
- Super mutants will be holding a wastelander hostage. You can kill the super mutants and save the wastelander for a small boost of karma.
- A wastelander being chased by a raider with a flamer. The wastelander cannot be saved as it is a scripted event.
- Raiders with lead pipes will come after you, in addition to the raider with the flamer.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Church[edit | edit source]
- Lying, Congressional Style in the speakers podium.
- Pugilism Illustrated on the floor in a corner of the bathroom.
- Mini nuke under/or on a table.
- A paint gun and surgical tubing for building the dart gun.
- A steam gauge assembly and a pressure cooker for the railway rifle.
- Leaf blower for the Rock-It Launcher.
- Leather belt for the deathclaw gauntlet.
Town[edit | edit source]
- Nikola Tesla and You in the southwestern-most house south of the church, on top of a bookshelf.
- A hard locked safe is in the house directly south of the chapel.
- A copy of U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes can be found inside a truck on the east side of the village.
- A pre-War book is in a house with a scavenger and his dog, far east of the main town area. The house can be found by following the power lines east past the aforementioned truck, a billboard, and a series of small shacks. It's just before reaching a large power pylon. The book is on a table to the right of a couch under a small scorched book, and it must be stolen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A random encounter may occur here. One of these may ignite a vehicle, causing it to explode and scattering several items inside the chapel some distance.
- To the north is the super mutant camp mentioned in the Search party log.
- It is possible that there are no super mutants in the chapel, and the prisoner is alone inside.
- One of the gravestones has a plunger stuck to it.
- You may also encounter Enclave soldiers and an officer if you've completed The Waters of Life quest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- There is a real-life Calverton, but it is located in the Maryland suburbs, not Virginia where the in-game version is. It would be approximately just off the map, due east of the Republic of Dave.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Calverton appears only in Fallout 3.