We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Camp Guardian caves
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Missing data (technical data cleanup)
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
|For the location with a similar name, see Camp Guardian cave.|
Camp Guardian caves
The Camp Guardian caves is a large network of tunnels and a few large open areas with its main entrance being at Camp Guardian Peak, directly north of the tent. There are also two additional exits toward the southern end of the cave. The first comes out on a ledge over top of the pathway you took up, just past the Camp Guardian sign. The second is located in an underwater passage at the southern most point of the cave and comes out in Lake Mead, a short walk south of the Camp Guardian sign. The cave is inhabited with 15 to 20 lakelurks and a lakelurk king.
Following the passages will lead you to the injured Private Halford. With a high enough Medicine skill (50) or a doctor's bag the Courier can heal the Private at which point you can either tell him the path is clear to leave, which unless true will result in his certain death, or you may ask that he help you clear the caves of the remaining lakelurks with a speech check (50). Note: Though the pathway that you took to reach him is clear and the quickest way out, he will not take this route to leave, but rather he will head even deeper into the cave.
If you approach either entrance to the Caves, Halford will leave the party stating that he is close enough to the entrance to get out himself. The largest number of lakelurks are found in the area with the King, egg clutches, and the 11 dead NCR Troopers as well as a dead caravan brahmin. Connected to this room is a mostly flooded chamber containing 1-2 lakelurks. At the far end of this chamber is a flooded passage that exits into the Colorado River.
- Schematics - dog tag fist - Rewarded for saving Halford or from his corpse.
- 7 C-4 plastic explosives - just inside the cave, 5 in a crate, 1 on top of the crate and 1 on the ground next to the crate.
- There is a dead pack brahmin in the center of the room with the lakelurk king. It contains various ammunition, armor, and weapons.
- 11 NCR dogtags on NCR soldier corpses inside the caves.
- There are two locations with similar names. The first, a much smaller cave, located on your way up to Camp Guardian Peak containing giant rats, is called "Camp Guardian cave" (singular) while this location is named "Camp Guardian caves" (plural).
- When leaving the water exit there are a lot of unattainable poker chips around the sunken boat.
The Camp Guardian caves appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- service rifles, 5.56mm rounds and armor piercing 5.56 rounds. If the player heals the wounded private's leg, compliments his weapon, and convinces him to help clear the caves, then leaves prematurely, you should be able to infinite loop "You said you would help clear the cave" and "you said I could have your rifle", to produce an infinite number of
- Cateye. Once you walk further in this will correct itself. However it sometimes may continue to bug and walking further into the cave will not help, and it will not light up at all. It will also randomly turn pitch black while inside the cave. The entrance section of Camp Guardian Caves may be pitch black even with
- Halford following you he will get stuck on the roof of the exit tunnel, swimming forever and you will not get Private Halfords Note to make the dog tag fist. When leaving the Caves via the underwater exit, if you still have
- Sometimes if you do not help the injured soldier (Private Halford) before exploring the rest of the cave, when you come back the option to help him is no longer part of the dialogue.
- Camp Guardian, the screen will become very blurry and dark and can make the game virtually un-playable. One way to fix this is to fast travel back to Camp Guardian, then to Lake Mead caves, enter the caves and then exit and it should fix the problem. Taking a Cateye is also effective, and the issue will resolve by the time the drug's effect has faded. Sometimes when fast traveling away from
- Upon exiting the cave from the underwater pool that the Private runs through, all relations with NCR, Khans, Fiends, and Legion may be reset.
- ED-E may appear in Black Rock Cavern. Fast travelling or entering a load screen will return him to you. Upon exiting the lower cave,
- The game may freeze repeatedly while in the caves.
- If you don't clear out all the lakelurks before you exit, Private Halford can follow you outside, and even though you're safe from the caves, he will still tell you to whisper in case you alert more lakelurks. Even when you fast travel across the map, he'll still think he's in the caves. He'll fight with you (along with your companion) but he can die, unlike your companion (Casual Mode).
- There is an exit in a large room that is underwater, if you take it before you finish clearing the lakelurks, it can bug out so the private disappears from the game.
- If you attempt to save by waiting while in the caves, your may experience a system freeze in the middle of the save. Because this occurs in the middle of the save and the only way to recover the system is to reboot, your game save may become corrupt. If you do not have another save, you will need to start a new game, losing all progress.
- lakelurk king will fight with the lakeurks within the room containing egg clutches, making clearing the caves much simpler. Occasionally, the
- Private Halford, Victor's corpse may be sprawled out on the ground. However, he will still be around New Vegas and will continue to inform you as scripted. When you first encounter a lakelurk after meeting
- NCR troopers in the deeper part of the cave may be wearing some clothes, but you won't be able to find them in their inventory. Some of the dead