As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Cannibal Johnson's cave
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Cannibal Johnson's cave
The cave consists of a very short passageway leading into the main cave area in which Cannibal Johnson resides. Be careful when going down this first passageway because there is a bear trap placed a short distance from the door.
Inside the main area you will find a lit campfire placed in the center. Cannibal Johnson's bed is in the north eastern corner of the cave. On it lays a Grognak the Barbarian comic book. Next to the bed are a ham radio and an Enclave footlocker with an average-lock. It contains caps and microfusion cells. Next to the footlocker is a Sunset Sarsaparilla crate along with an empty and unopened bottle on the ground beside it. In the north western corner are shelves on which are a few consumables, tin cans, and a Lad's Life magazine.
The cave continues left near the end of the room, leading down into the coolhouse, it contains the corpses of coyotes, nightstalkers, and mole rats. There are also a few pools of bloody ground water, which counts as stealing if one drinks from it.
- Grognak the Barbarian on Johnson's bed. Must be stolen.
- Mole rat wonder meat on a cutting board near the campfire. This is the only place in the Mojave Wasteland that this is found. The mole rat wonder meat is a reference to the Jury Street metro station in Fallout 3.
- Lad's Life on shelves behind Johnson.
- The player can sleep in Cannibal Johnson's bed, without any penalties.
- Just to the left of the cave entrance on the way out, there is a hollowed-out rock containing random loot.
Cannibal Johnson's cave appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Sometimes Razz will appear as if leaving the cave.
- Sometimes one may discover that the dead coyotes in the back of the cave have risen back to life. With the Living Anatomy perk, one can see they all have zero health.
- Sometimes a Powder Ganger may spawn in the cave, behind the Enclave chest.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.361: "[3.11] Cannibal Johnson's Cave
Cannibal Johnson looks like an accomplished hunter. There's also ground-water to drink, which is cleaner than it appears."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)