As the head of the refugee camp, it's up to Parker to ensure that people down on their luck have somewhere to go to. Although he's seemingly perpetually short on people and supplies, he tries his best to make the park livable. The biggest problems in recent times include disappearances among the refugees and exploitation of people under his care by unscrupulous folks like Keith.
The uphill struggle makes him more than a little high-strung. Parker is particularly haunted by the memory of a blonde girl with a stuffed bear. She didn't speak much, but he remembered her when she and her family suddenly disappeared. As a result, while he tries to keep it together, there's a rage lurking beneath the calm exterior. One of the most reliable ways to trigger it is to mention his bitter divorce.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The Coyotes: The Captain will ask the player to help find the missing people - or discover how they are disappearing.
- Keith's Caravan Charade: The Captain asks the player for help in cleaning up the camp of a crooked gambler.
- "[What can you tell me about the missing people?] They never seemed to have much in common - that's why I didn't notice it sooner. Young folks, old folks, men, women... all disappearing. I remember a family with a little blonde girl. She... never talked much, but she always carried this little stuffed teddy bear."
|NCR mantle armor|
Drops on death
Parker appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Parker: "Keith! In the name of the NCR, I'm placing you under arrest for illicit gambling and the sale of unlicensed chems."
Keith: "Fuck you man, I ain't going nowhere with you."
Parker: "Come quietly now, I don't want to have to hurt you."
Keith: "Why don't you go cry to your wife, then - oh that's right! She left your worthless stinking ass!"
Parker: "You son of a bitch!"
(Keith's and Parker's dialogue)
- The Courier: "Who are you?"
Parker: "Captain Parker. I'm in charge of this camp."
- The Courier: "What exactly is this place?"
Parker: "This here's where folks go when their luck runs out. Drifters up from the Republic, locals that can't turn a dime, drunken reprobates from all around. If you don't have the caps to get onto the Strip, odds are you'll end up here."
- The Courier: "Sounds like a chaotic place. Is there any way I can help?"
Parker: "Well, I am a little short staffed. Maybe you could give me a hand. Some people have gone missing from the camp lately. Haven't seen any signs of violence or heard about any feuds, they just up and vanished. I've also got Keith and his gambling to deal with - I know that skunk's cheating folk out of their savings, I just can't prove it."
- The Courier: "What can you tell me about the missing people?"
Parker: "They never seemed to have much in common - that's why I didn't notice it sooner. Young folks, old folks, men, women... all disappearing. I remember a family with a little blonde girl. She... never talked much, but she always carried this little stuffed teddy bear."
- The Courier: "I found all the evidence you'll need from Saint James' and Dermot's rooms. Here."
Parker: "Let's see... a bear. Yes, this belonged to the little girl, so that's a direct connection to the missing people. And this ledger - I know these names. Nephi and Cook are major players with the Fiends. Dermot and Saint James must be working with them. Thank you for your help - I'll make sure those sick bastards get what's coming to them. Here, you've earned this."