|For an overview of shotgun models throughout the Fallout series, see Shotgun.|
Background[edit | edit source]
The caravan shotgun is a short shotgun in which one barrel is mounted on top of the other, also known as an 'over/under' shotgun. The iron sight is a screw which holds the action release lever to the receiver.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It can be a bit confusing when trying to aim with the iron sights; the target has to be placed behind the screw that is somewhat blocking the player character's view. There are four horizontal marks on the screw; the target needs to be behind the second mark from the top. Because of that, and its large spread, this makes it very difficult to utilize slugs effectively.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Sturdy caravan shotgun , a unique version that's more durable and powerful, albeit with a much higher spread.
- Cass' caravan shotgun, a unique non-playable caravan shotgun used by Cass. It has higher stats than the regular caravan shotgun and uses companion ammunition.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Caravan shotgun||Shotgun||45||144.6||3.2||x1||6||2.2||20||20 gauge shotgun shell||2||3||140||675||Guns:25 Strength:3|
|Sturdy caravan shotgun||Shotgun||50||160.7||3.2||x1||7||4||27||20 gauge shotgun shell||2||3||300||875||Guns:0 Strength:3|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Aerotech office park - inside suite 200, on top of fallen bookshelf to the left as you enter.
- Sold from various traders and merchants once higher levels are achieved.
- Caleb McCaffery carries one.
- One is given in the quest Beyond the Beef for completing the bad karma option.
- Found in the dead prospectors inventory in Nevada Highway Patrol station.
- Found in the weapons locker in the back of a truck on the road between Novac and Nipton.
- One is given to you if you join the Kings.
- Equipped by many Fiends.
- Carried by members of Caesar's Legion at The Fort.
- Most of the New California Republic (NCR) troopers at Camp Forlorn Hope are issued caravan shotguns, in place of service rifles.
- Sierra Madre Villa (Dead Money add-on) - when heading to the police station you will come across a skeleton with a knife spear by a fountain. Nearby is a Dean's Secret Stash and next to that a caravan shotgun and some 20 gauge ammunition.
- Crimson Caravan guards will occasionally carry this.
- In a gun cabinet (average lock) in NCR Correctional Facility at second floor of administration building.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.1992, the caravan shotgun had a minimum spread of 4 degrees and required 27 AP to use in VATS.