Case, .50 MG is a crafting item in Fallout: New Vegas.
This item is used as a component to create .50 MG on the workbench along with some lead, primer, .50 MG and powder, rifle.
- 2 to 4 casing can be found on the dead body of an enemy that was wielding a anti-materiel rifle at the time of their death. NCR Veteran Ranger's typically carry the anti-materiel rifle regularly.
- When you fire a weapon chambered in the .50 MG round, there is a 25% chance you'll get a casing and a 20% you'll get a casing if you're using the match load round.
- Having the Hand Loader perk can double the chances of recovering .50 MG casings.
- You'll get 25 .50 MG casings if you buy a .50 MG case box.
- Occasionally some travelling merchants will "sell" .50 MG casings (among many other calibres), but they will always be for free. Likewise, if you try and sell casings to a merchant, you will not yield any money.