Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
It's swell! Kid tested. Mother approved.”— On-label motto
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
When consumed, the Courier's vision is enhanced via a blue tint in dark places. Giving more color-contrast in dark areas, but doesn't make the player see further into the darkness. When zooming with a high-powered scope, objects farther away still can not be seen.
Cateye is less useful outdoors, especially during daylight. When used during the day, you lose the ability to make out many colors until the effects wear off.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Cateye can be purchased from Doctor Ada Straus in Novac.
- A jar can be found next to a skeletal corpse at the Goodsprings Cave.
- Large amounts of it can be bought in the Gomorrah casino.
- A jar can be found in the last room in the The Prospector's Den.
- 2 jars can be obtained from Atticus at Caesar's Legion Safehouse twice a week.
- A jar can be found inside a dresser in one of the southernmost rooms of the living quarters level in Vault 3
- 2 jars can be found in the Searchlight NCR storage basement, laying on one of the metallic shelves.
- A jar can be found next to Ratslayer in Broc Flower Cave.
- A jar can be found next to a suitcase and a skeleton at Black Mountain, between some rocks near some highly irradiated puddles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effects of Cateye are more potent than the Friend of the Night perk.
- If a player has the Old World Blues DLC, you can acquire the Hazmat Darklight Cowl which gives you night vision even at long ranges, and can be used indefinitely.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Cateye-effect can rarely happen after dispatching an enemy, although no chem was taken. Resting will remove the effect again.
- Sometimes "Cat-eye has worn off" will show up, while the effects are still there. Entering an interior, or sleeping should fix this.
- Wild Wasteland. The Cat-eye effect can happen at random times, with no actual provocation. This happened more frequently on games with
- Lucky 38, you will also receive the effect. Luckily followers rarely consume chems on their own. If a companion consumes a bottle of Cateye while waiting in the
- Hidden Valley at night, the sandstorm effect counters the Cateye effect. Just be warned that this will sometimes happen and sometimes not. While in
- The bugs mentioned above where the player gets the Cateye effect are due to the fact that the effect will always be applied to the player, no matter who consumes an ingestible that provides this effect. Sometimes non-player characters consume food items (like Nuka-Cola Quartz) and then the player will get the effect. To fix, fix the CateyeEffect script in the toolset, it's probably best to block anybody except the player from running through the script (run a check of GetSelf against player). Also, any food items that are useful to the player should be ignored by Sandbox packages AI, the flag should be set on all Nuka-Cola Quartz items located in areas like the Mojave Outpost Barracks, because otherwise the non-player characters will simply drink them away, resulting in the annoying effect and the player losing valuable items.