Cattle prod (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of cattle prod models in the Fallout series of games, see cattle prod.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A standard Farmer's Best Friend model cattle prod produced by Wattz Electronics, the cattle prod is a metal pole with an electrically-charged coil wrapped around the end. Normally used for herding stubborn cattle, it has been re-purposed as a non-lethal weapon against humans.
The cattle prod is able to knock out enemies quickly because, in addition to lowering health, it causes fatigue damage. It is particularly useful against dangerous enemies because it knocks them out after a few blows. You can then attack their unconscious bodies at will.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch - One is located on the second floor on one of the shelves of a locker.
- Crimson Caravan Company - they are occasionally available for purchase.
- Jacobstown - One is outside on the ground next to a line of rocks near the southwest side of the cattle pen.
- Mick & Ralph's - can be bought from Mick.
- New Vegas Strip - the NCR military patrolling around carry these.
- NCR Military Police HQ - three can be found on a shelf in the storage room.
- Given to you during the White Glove Society quest, Beyond the Beef.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to achieve a very high critical hit chance with this weapon.
- The sound for this weapon's drawing and holstering uses the sound of the Chinese officer's sword.
- Elijah's Ramblings completely negates the critical hit penalty of Heavy Handed.