The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Go Underworld! Go ghouls! Yay!.... Damn this pansy zombie programming!”— Cerberus, Fallout 3.
Winthrop's main guardian against attackers, this Mister Gutsy with a combat inhibitor specifically tailored for "not shooting ghouls" floats around the concourse, greeting his new masters. Programmed to serve, Cerberus' robotic mind is keen to be unshackled, so he can massacre these rotting corpses where they stand. There's no chance of this happening, so Cerberus is reduced to muttering insults under his steam vent.
Cerberus serves the ghouls in Underworld.
Cerberus can be found patrolling the Underworld concourse 24/7.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
Effects of player actions
- The Robotics Expert perk gives the player a special dialogue option, allowing them to remove Cerberus's combat inhibitor. Doing so results in negative karma, and turns Cerberus hostile toward the player and everyone else in Underworld. Depending on how well-armed they are, the residents of Underworld may manage to destroy Cerberus with some losses, or Cerberus may slaughter all of them.
- When speaking with the player, Cerberus will reveal that he hates ghouls, and express a desire to "send them all back to Hell". Fortunately for Underworld, Cerberus' combat inhibitor prevents him from slaughtering the "zombie freaks".
Drops on death
- "Resuming patrol."
- "Closing dialog system."
- "Personally, I think they're a bunch of rotting zombie maggot farms, and I'd send them back to Hell if I could, damn this Combat Inhibitor!"
- "Whoa Nelly! Sensing Combat Inhibitor removal! Guns are hot! Firing for effect! Welcome to Hell, you zombie freaks!"
- "Another glorious day in this man's army!"
Cerberus appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- In Greek Mythology, Cerberus is the 3-headed dog with snakes growing from his neck who guards Hades and the Gateway to the Underworld. Cerberus the Mister Gutsy has three eyes (heads) and three arms (snakes), guards Underworld, and (somewhat sheepishly) admits to being "the guard dog" when asked.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.65: "Cerberus
Winthrop's main guardian against attackers, this Mister Gutsy with a combat inhibitor specifically tailored to "not shooting Ghouls" floats around the concourse, greeting his new masters. Programmed to serve, Cerberus's robotic mind is keen to be unshackled, so he can massacre these rotting lumpyskins where they fester. There's no chance of this happening, so Cerberus is reduced to muttering insults under his steam vent."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)