|For the Fallout 76 weapon, see Chainsaw (Fallout 76).|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A fusion-powered chainsaw which requires two hands to use. The weapon is heavy, but deals considerable damage. It also can cut through armor and ignore damage threshold and resistance. Unlike most melee weapons, holding down the attack button when wielding the chainsaw will cause continuous damage to targets in contact with the blade.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One can be found in Vault 3, equipped by the Fiends leader, Motor-Runner.
- The Caesar's Legion blacksmith and Veteran Legionaries have a random chance to have a chainsaw equipped.
- It may rarely be used by Viper and Jackal gang members once the player is at a higher level.
- It can sometimes be purchased at Hoover Dam from Bardon.
- Once in a great while, Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company will also have it for sale.
- It can also be purchased from Mick at Mick & Ralph's occasionally.
- It can sometimes be purchased from the Great Khan Armorer.
- One can be found inside the Caesar's Legion Safehouse.
- It can be found on some Legionaries at Cottonwood Cove.
- It is carried by centurions during the second battle of Hoover Dam.
- Carried by Bonesaw, a unique marked man located in the Divide.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 188.8.131.522, the chainsaw had 800 item HP, did 100 damage on a normal 'swing', could not critically hit, and did not ignore target armor. The 'Scrap Heap' attack also previously cost 75 AP to use, and resulted in a 25% damage bonus.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Chainsaw with a mod in Gun Runners' Arsenal.