This small card provides one plastic when broken down. Contrary to Parker Quinn's description, charge cards will not be accepted by any merchants in the Commonwealth. They will, however, lead to unique dialogue options when talking to some such as:
- Myrna, who describes the card as "filthy synth money".
- Solomon, who is uncomfortable working with abstract representations of money.
- Moe Cronin, who accuses the player of scamming him.
- Polly, who is confused by it.
- Sheng Kawolski, who is familiar with Parker Quinn's scam and encourages the player to dispose of their card.
- KL-E-O, who appreciates the novelty of crushing someone under the burden of financial debt.
- Daisy, who is both astonished – as she hasn't seen one since before the war – and pitiful.
- Arturo Rodriguez, who sees it as a poor joke.
- 1 charge card can be bought from Parker Quinn for 110 caps.
- Charge cards are sometimes sold by general supply merchants
- The Sole Survivor: "Can I use this charge card here?"
Myrna: "This something synths use to pay for things? We don't take filthy synth money here!"
- The Sole Survivor: "Can I put this on my charge card?"
Solomon: "Hey, I know money's kind of an imaginary thing anyway, but that card is like... way more imaginary than I'm comfortable with."
- The Sole Survivor: "You take this charge card?"
Moe Cronin: "Tryin' to pull a fast one on me? No. Caps only."
(Moe Cronin's dialogue)
- Sole Survivor: "Can I pay with this charge card?"
Polly: "... No."
- The Sole Survivor: "Do you take this charge card?"
Sheng Kawolski: "A what now? OH... Oh no way! Parker Quinn got another one. I can't believe it. That old shark. Listen, ain't no one from here to the Quincy Bay gonna accept that useless hunk of plastic. You're better off tossin' it."
(Sheng Kawolski's dialogue)
- The Sole Survivor: "Can I pay with my charge card?"
Arturo Rodriguez: "You're kidding, right? Caps only, friend."
(Arturo Rodriguez's dialogue)
- The Sole Survivor: "Hey, this is a long shot, but... do you accept this charge card?"
Brooks: "Huh? Oh yeah, that thing. Sure do. It'll be easier if I just cash you out. Looks like... what? 100 caps? Here you go."