Charleston Herald is a location in Fallout 76.
The foremost newspaper of Appalachia and Charleston, the Herald was a paper devoted to integrity and accurate reporting - a rarity in pre-War America. Its determination and devotion to truth put it in the iron sights of the government and its supporters after the Herald ran Quinn Carter's interview with Senator Sam Blackwell after he went off the grid in the wake of threats made against him and his family. Particularly jingoistic circles called Ms Quinn a traitor and advocated a boycott of the paper until it dismissed the reporter. In a rare example of integrity, the Herald actually doubled down and stood firmly behind Quinn, announcing its stance publicly.
Points of interest
- The Herald is a prominent feature of the downtown, although much of the building is now in ruins. The ground floor can be freely entered, but to enter the upper floors players need to take the improvised staircase, as the elevators are out of order.
- The first floor contains the reception and the start point for the Runner's High: A Responders physical exam for Fire Breathers.
- The second floor contains the offices of Quinn Carter with three holotapes, a locked safe, and another office belonging to Bill Breyer, another investigative reporter.
- The top floor contains the conference room and the office of the main editor, Overbey.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Speaker Poole Interview:
- Sam Blackwell Interview, Pt. One:
- Sam Blackwell Interview, Pt. Two: In Quinn's office.
- Charleston Herald Exclusive: The Motherlode: The holotape is to the left of the terminal on the desk of Overbey's office.
- CARTER AND BLACKWELL - TRAITORS!: On the editor's desk.
- Course Instructions: The holotape is on the left side of the Fire Breathers physical exam terminal.
- Dynamic spawns
No location theme keyword variable specified - check the infobox!
Charleston Herald appears in Fallout 76.