Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|For the NCR Ranger cut from the game, see Chauncey (NCR Rangers).|
Background[edit | edit source]
Chauncey objects to Mortimer's attempts to capture humans, and consequently tries to stop Mortimer from going forward with his plans to eat another human.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Beyond the Beef: After finding the matchbook on the detective the player will find Chauncey in the steam room waiting. After talking to him the Assassin will come in and kill him.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mortimer asks him to not wear his mask on purpose so people won't know what is behind the masks of the real society members.
- No matter the precautions you set up before you talk to Chauncey, the assassin still kills him at the end of dialogue. As soon as Chauncey closes dialogue, the steam room door opens. Quickly closing it causes the initial attack from the assassin to fail, but after a few seconds the assassin will simply shoot him through the door. Even attacking and killing the assassin before this second attempt will simply result in Chauncey dropping dead from a scripted effect. This makes it impossible to save Chauncey.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Yes. The White Glove Society strictly forbids eating humans. But we weren't always the White Glove Society."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Chauncey appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Targeting Chauncey during the quest "Beyond the Beef" can cause a crash on PC. And he can die in the pool of the hotel.
- Sometimes just talking to Chauncey in the steam room during the quest "Beyond the Beef" can cause a crash on PC, it might happen because you have companions following you in the same room or because you looked or talked to him before 4pm.
- http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37351 Crashing in the bathhouse is fixed in the following third-party patch: