We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Yeah yeah, you're my hero. Don't let it get to your head. Seriously though, thank you for getting me away from Dukov.”— Cherry, after the Lone Wanderer takes care of Dukov.
Cherry was born in the year 2250. She acts as one of Dukov's "party girls". She allows herself to be degraded because Dukov is capable of protecting her from the hostile wasteland outside of Dukov's place. She would leave for another settlement in a heart beat, but worries she wouldn't make it there in one piece.
Interactions with the player character
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head: Cherry will steal Dukov's special key for you if the Lone Wanderer agrees to take her to Rivet City. Upon arrival, the Lone Wanderer will receive a karma boost and Cherry will subsequently wander around Rivet City. If the Lone Wanderer hasn't brought her to Rivet City after 5 in-game days, she will go back to Dukov.
Wasteland settler outfit*
Drops on death
* Only after escorting her to Rivet City.
** Only after initiating combat.
- Unlike most other temporary companions, Cherry almost invariably flees from enemies rather than defending herself, even if outfitted with high-end armor and weapons. Combined with her low health and limited skills, this makes escorting Cherry a particularly tedious task if you are unable to fast-travel.
- By default, Cherry carries a switchblade. She will use it occasionally if an enemy gets too close to her.
- After a few days of living at Rivet City, Cherry will no longer wear sexy sleepwear. Instead she will change into a wasteland settler outfit.
- Cherry may be found wandering the Wasteland outside Rivet City after escorting her there. In this instance it is highly likely she will be killed eventually, if she is not found dead in the first place.
- If you accidentally forget to bring her to Rivet City you can use console commands to reset the day she started following you. prid 0002ae22 and then ShowVars for reference variable. Finally Set DayStart to #number#
- Cherry's hairstyle is "non-playable"—unable to be used by the player—and is unique to her, seen on no other non-player character, similar to Doctor Madison Li's hairstyle.
- "Hi, sweetie. I'm Cherry. What can I do for you?"
- "Hi, sugar. I'm Cherry. Do yourself a favor. Watch yourself with Dukov. He's all hands."
- "Of course. Why else would I stay with the old fart? You don't think I actually love that bastard, do you?"
- "Yeah yeah, you're my hero. Don't let it get to your head. Seriously though, thank you for getting me away from Dukov."
- "Ooh! Dukey, is that a rocket in your pocket, or are you just glad to feel me?"
Cherry appears only in Fallout 3
- Sometimes, after successfully escorting Cherry to Rivet City, you can go back to Dukov's Place and see her wandering inside the building wearing a wasteland settler outfit.
- If you tell her you will get her to Rivet City and then kill Dukov, she will flee from you until you leave the building. If you go to Rivet City afterwards she will thank you for saving her, and then turn on you, prompting city guards to kill her on the spot.
- If you kill Dukov in sight of Cherry and she goes into fleeing mode after agreeing to escort her to Rivet City, she may stay in fleeing mode (crouched, hands on head) for the entire journey on foot. Returns to normal upon quest completion.
- Sometimes if you say you'll take her to Rivet city she will get the key but won't follow you at all
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.65: "Cherry
A live-in playmate, 27-year-old Cherry doesn't love Dukov, but she does like him. She mostly stays with him for the money and the modest protection he can give her. In exchange, she offers what she can. Dukov prefers that his "ladies" walk around in their underwear."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)