Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The chessboard is a relatively large item. It is checkered black and white and was used before the War to play the gentleman's game of chess or checkers. Pieces have since been lost to the wasteland, but wastelanders have improvised new pieces like bottle caps.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Anchorage War Memorial||1 in the utility room.|
|Bethesda Ruins||1 in Bethesda Offices East, on top of a desk in the room with the Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual|
|Cliffside Cavern||1 right before the entrance to the yao guai cave.|
|Rivet City||1 in the available hotel room.|
|Rivet City||1 on a table in the hallways.|
|Rivet City||2 in Abraham Washington's museum.|
|SatCom Array NN-03d||1 in NN-03d-B underneath the chess set mentioned above.|
|Tenpenny Tower||1 next to Allistair Tenpenny's chair on the balcony.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The only complete chess set is in SatCom Array NN-03d, made up of miniature intact garden gnomes, bottles of beverages, and electron charge packs.
- There is a complete set of checkers (made of bottle caps) in L'enfant, in the enterable part of the collapsed car tunnel, along with a sniper rifle and a U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes.
- Though the chess pieces are miniature forms of other in-game items, they still weigh as much as their full-sized counterparts.
- The miniature chess pieces, as well as any other mini item, will remain as miniature pieces as long as they are not removed from your inventory all at once.
- Much like the giant teddy bear, a giant chessboard can be found in both the Personal Offices and the CO Quarters at Fort Constantine.
- CO Quarters - In the first doorway to your right, on a table. A few cherry bombs are used as pieces.
- Personal Offices - If entered through the rear entrance, walk down the hall past the stairs, make a right, then turn into the first room on the right. It will be on the desk next to a lunchbox.