|For the Fallout 2 debugging non-player character, see Chet (Fallout 2).|
We're a town of survivors, and we'll fight tooth and nail if pushed, but we don't go looking for trouble.”
A long time Goodsprings inhabitant, Chet has been running the local general store for years, managing to make ends meet thanks to traders visiting the local water source and stocking up on supplies. He has traveled the world a bit, including two visits to the New Vegas Strip. He ended up getting drunk and losing caps at cards (in that order, he insists) both times. When sober, he is very careful with his money and rather cautious, particularly since his shop represents a significant investment and he's unwilling to just lose it over a petty dispute.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 630-5070|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Chet will always stock one .38 Special and one bulk small energy cell ammo box after restocking.
- Chet will also randomly spawn all mods for tier one Guns: The varmint rifle, the 9mm pistol, and the .357 Magnum revolver. If not all spawn, the player can wait for it to restock. Buying available mods apparently increases the chances of new mods spawning.
- Ghost Town Gunfight or Run Goodsprings Run: With a Barter of 25, the player can convince Chet to supply leather armor to either the Goodsprings militia or Joe Cobb's gang.
|.357 Magnum revolver|
Drops on death
- Run Goodsprings Run quest exploit. Chet is affected by the
- Chet is supposed to offer a 25% discount after either aiding the powder gangers in taking over the town, or reaching Smiling Troublemaker or better reputation, but the discount only applies for the dialogue when Chet tells you 'he approves'. After that, his prices return to normal.
Chet appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.